How I'm Doing

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pretty Decent Day

Yesterday was really emotionally tough. I didn't have the best reaction going back to work. My organization is in such trouble right now from a morale perspective, so to walk back into the thickness of the situation there just wasn't fun. That being said, today was a better day. I'm starting to get back to client work and trying to put the politics out of my head. I truly love the organization I work for, but I'm really concerned that we are going to start losing people and the people are one of the biggest reasons I work there.


Anyway, things will get better! 


I started my synthroid this morning. Hoping that I get some of the side benefits like more energy and weight loss that sometimes accompany it. Since my thyroid hasn't been working to it's potential, my hope is that as the medication gets into my system, my metabolism begins working it's little heart out.


I'm on liquids today and I'm starving. Like the last time, I feel restriction while I'm drinking water (which is great because last week I was able to chug water), but of course since nothing is sitting in that little pouch, I be HUNGRY! Tomorrow starts mushies though, so refried beans and cheese will be had.


I'm REALLY excited because I figured out how to record a vlog on my new mac. I tested one out tonight and can't wait to post. I just need to figure out how to do that, so you vloggers, let me know!


Oh, one last thing. I started week 2 of couch to 5k tonight. KICKED MY A$$. But, I finished it and that's key for me right now. I was back down to 230.2 this morning, so I'm really hoping to see 229 again tomorrow.


Well I should go, that cute little dog of mine lets me know when I've been on the computer too long by pawing at my fingers when I type. That's my cue.


Hope you are all great!

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    Sorry you had a rough start but at least things picked up. You sound great at least.
    Hey, when you find out how to vlog could you let me know too, puuullleeze, I spent ages today trying to figure it out too, and well, I bombed. Must be missing something.
    Thanks
    Cara xx

    ReplyDelete