How I'm Doing

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day Two Post Op


So tired. Went to bed at 8pm last night, slept until 8am this morning. That was without any pain meds before bed. They make me very tired, which is fine since I've got a ton of time off from work to sleep!


Started back to eating normally today. Had 1/2 jamba juice for breakfast. 1/2 tuna sandwich for lunch and a burger patty for dinner with about 1/8 cup of mashed potatoes. Of course in between that, I've had some vicodin laced chocolate ice cream. ;-)


I'm feeling pretty good pain wise. I'm sure the vicodin is helping there, but I'm just so grateful that I'm not in crazy pain. It hurts to yawn, really hurts to cough but swallowing is getting easier hour by hour. Quite frankly this isn't nearly as difficult as my first week after lap band surgery since this time it only hurts from my neck up. 


My doctor said I can start exercising as soon as I'm feeling up to it, so I'm hoping by next week I can restart the couch to 5k.


Hope everyone is doing well. Blog a lot this week ladies!  I need lots of reading material! ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Hey, Jen,
    Glad to see you're still doing ok. I've never taken vidocin but I hear its the bomb for situations like yours. Just be good to yourself and get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gald to hear that you are getting somewhat back to normal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Love,

    SO SO glad you're doing so well! You've overcome a hero and you're such a champ. Will try to be a better blogger this week -sometimes life happens, eh? xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing well! That ice cream sounds yummmmmyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad to hear you're doing so well! :) yay (!?!?) for exercise ... we can't look forward to it TOO much lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to see you getting back to yourself so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jen,
    Keeping a good thought for the Wed results. Glad you have some time to rest. You have really had a helluva couple of months!

    Congrats on the journey. You are an inspiration!

    Love,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your doing well. Vicodin laced ice cream sounds delish, enjoy that as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to hear everything went well, for the most part other than having to spend the night and such a late surgery. I will continue to pray that there is no cancer and can't wait to hear the reports which I am sure will be a big sigh of relief. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am praying that you have a quick recovery time and for good results to the testing. Congratulations on the huge weight loss....50 lbs, that has to be such an amazing feeling! You are in my thoughts & prayers!

    ReplyDelete