Found out yesterday that I have to go to Munich for business in two weeks. While most people would probably be thrilled about this, I'm not. #1) I'm a total snob when it comes to international travel and hate the idea of flying overnight anywhere except if I get to recline my seat to the point of laying down. BTW, I've done this once in my entire life. For this trip, I'm flying economy....ouch. No sleeping that night. 2) I'm leaving on a Tue and in order to save expenses, I'm not able to come back until Saturday (cheaper flight than Friday). 3) All of this is for an 8 hour meeting. I know I should be happy. Quite frankly the last time I was in Munich, I was only there for 24 hours, so this is like a vacation. One of the good things is that a colleague of mine has been there for a month, and I'm staying at his hotel so we'll be able to catch up. I can also actually explore Munich and take great photos this time. Bad part...I am so busy with client work, and this is an internal leadership meeting, so just adds more work to my plate. And Munich is the land of beer and pretzels...neither of which I can have!!
In weight loss news, I'm so close to 60 pounds down I can taste it. Oh, and I love that my ticker is just about to make a huge shift. The next few tenths of a pound and I will have lost more than I have left to lose to reach my goal. Exciting!! I'm going to set a goal for Munich. I would LOVE to be 219 by the time I leave on November 10th. That's 5 pounds in a little under two weeks. I think it's doable!!
Hope you all have a great Halloween! xoxo

It is so nice when people start to notice (although I am sure they have been noticing for awhile...)
ReplyDeleteHey! I get to travel like to Mobile, AL...which is only 50 minutes from me...so be happy! You will fit in the seats, you will be sassy in a foreign country...we are all jealous...you know...the usual!
WOW almost 60 pounds?? You are doing SO amazingly!! And that people are now noticing is just fantastic. Go you, Jen..
ReplyDeleteHope you have a fantastic weekend. xx
I'm so jealous that you get to go to Munich. It is one of my favorite cities. If you are into art, you will have to go to the Lenbachhaus. It is a wonderful house that has been converted to a museum specializing in German Expressionist painting - particularly Der Blaue Reiter (The Blue Rider) and the leader of that group was Kandinsky. Ok - I'm done with the art lesson now. Well - not really. The Alte Pinochotek has great Rembrandts, and the Neue Pinochotek is great as well - having more modern works of art. Ok - I'm done now! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteJen- that is great ! 60lbs that is absolutely awesome ! Munich is great too!! I've always wanted to go to germany, sucks about the flying arrangements though but it's great that you'll be super comfortable in that seat for those 8 hours, can you imagine 8 hours 60 lbs ago ??
ReplyDeleteJen, do you have airline miles, couldn't you snag an upgrade to business or first class? I'd hate to be in economy for such a long flight! I'm flying on the 10th also, to Maryland...and then we're coming to New York on the 11th I think. Soooo, I'll just miss you! bummer. But, we will both be more comfortable in our seats, with our economy-sized a$$es, :) Have a safe trip.
ReplyDelete