How I'm Doing

Sunday, August 16, 2009

OOH Doggy!


So, I mentioned that I was headed to a picnic in the park today. Well, it was 90 degrees in NYC today and humid! I walked from my apartment to the fountain in Central park (approx 1 mile). We set out at about 11:30am. Both Lucy and I were fine on the way there, definitely hot, but manageable. I bought us a bottle of water (she drinks from the cap) and texted my friend. They were running late, so we hung out on a bench in the shade and listened to a great dixieland jazz band. My friend and her group arrived about 15 minutes later so I met them in front of the fountain. It was so hot! We walked over to a picnic spot and about 10 minutes later I left. I didn't bring food with me and had no desire to hang out watching them eat yummy picnic food. Besides I had a date at the nail salon. So, Lucy and I began the walk home. Of course we got lost in the park and ended up in the brambles, which is essentially like hiking. Poor tiny dog!! We finally made it home at about 1:30. Not bad, but a two mile walk/hike in 90 degree heat one week post op was not my idea for today!! ;-) Guess I kick started that exercise! Hoping it shows on the scale tomorrow, my official weigh in and updating tracker day!

Second day of mushies was great. I feel like there are definitely more choices and I'm generally satisfied with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food. I don't know if that's the band or my will power, but whatever it is it's working for now.

First day back at work tomorrow. I've packed my 1/2 cup cottage cheese for breakfast and 1/2 cup of tuna for lunch. I worried as I stuck them in the fridge whether or not that would be enough food. I imagined me stuck at work with no mushy food choices!! But I figure I'll just drink lots of water and if I need to head home early for dinner, I shall do so.

Ooh, I had my first NSV today. For family readers that's a Non-Scale Victory. In the past, at my nail place, I would sit in the pedicure chairs and sometimes the side of the chair would pop open, I'd have to continuously close it. It was annoying. Today, no door opening because I wasn't busting out of the chair! YEAH SKINNIER ME!!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you with the walking, but I imagine that wasn't easy to do only a week after surgery.

    I couldn't help but laugh about you busting out of the pedicure chair. The same thing kept happening to me during my first and only pedicure. I was SO embarrassed! I am looking forward to fitting nicely into those chairs, as I plan to make that one of my first treats after some weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid pedicure chairs! Yay for showing them who's boss! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey congrats on the NSV.. aren't they the best! Sounds like you did well on the walk, don't envy you that heat though. YOIKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap, I know the humidity of NYC in August. Good thing you had water. It was probably disgustingly hot.

    Please tell us how it went with the amount of food you packed for work. Those sound like reasonable and healthy portions of good, filling foods to me. Did you find you had enough energy over the course of the day, were you a little out of it at all?

    Awesome news re: the NSV. I haven't really had one yet, so reading yours brought a huge smile to my face. It's always so nice to feel comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for teh NSV AND for all the walking so soon after exercise! That is great. Good luck today at work - If you have a fridge, you might want to bring in a bit more than you think you'll need - just so it is there. BTW - I loved chopping up a hard-boiled egg with cottage cheese - sounds gross, but it is basically egg salad with mega protein!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Job Jen. I know what you mean about the pedicure chairs, mine has popped often, but I'm looking forward to my own NSV with it. Can't wait to find out how your day at work went. Keep updating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the NSV !!! That is awesome. I always had to push the pedicure chairs ALL the way back so that I wouldnt feel my lungs being crushed !!! LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete