
Hi Everybody! I'm typing from my very comfortable seat on my couch. Don't I look happy?? It's the liquid vicoden and gas x strips they've got me on. ;-)
In all fairness, I'm feeling pretty good today. I still have some pretty bad nerve pain in my left shoulder due to gas and my chest hurts when I burp. I have no pain in my incisions which is great! I took off most of the saran wrappy tape stuff they had over my incisions today, but one of them is stuck to the steri strips, so I don't want to take it off. I have a follow up with the Nurse Practioner on Friday so he can deal with it then!
I've been incredibly well taken care of this week. My mom continues to be just amazing. She was in the recovery room about 15 minutes after I got there, it was so great to see her face. She has a recording session on Long Island today (she's a professional singer), and is staying the night with her friends there. She lives in Arizona now, so it's great for her to be able to spend some quality time with her girlfriends. She's back on Tuesday and since she didn't want me to be alone, my best friend from college Becky has been here to stay. We've been watching a Kathy Griffin marathon today and walking. It's ridiculously hot here today...95 in Manhattan is never fun. It's humid and it smells. Today looks to be the anamoly for the week though, so that's good.
I'm so glad to have the week to recover. I don't have to go back to work until Monday which is really nice. And honestly since I'm on disability, I can't even check email....that's a tough one for me but it's nice because it's forcing me to relax.
In terms of eating. I don't find that I'm hungry...every once in a while I get a grumble, but can't tell if that is hunger or gas. I've been really trying to eat to ensure that I keep up my strength. I'm on 10 days of thin liquids which includes soups, popsicles etc. I have to have two protein shakes a day. Yesterday I had about 4 oz of protein shake - took 45 minutes to drink it. Had an italian ice - took two different sittings to finish. Had 2 oz of tomato soup and another 4 oz of protein shake. Today I had 2 oz protein shake, 4 oz potato soup, a popsicle and lots of water. I'm hungry right now so about to have some tomato soup, should probably have protein shake, but I like the idea of something warm.
That's it for now. Hope you all are doing well!!
Jen

Aaahhhh...the fun-filled world of liquids. :) But at least you're not hungry yet. That's how I was for quite a bit of the time on liquids immediately post-op.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are feeling pretty good and that things went smoothly for you!!!
ReplyDeleteIt hurt my chest when I burped too and man did I burp after!!! Thankfully it subsided and I don't burp nearly as often now.. pretty normal now actually!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're doing great!!!
Far out, you look so good considering you're so soon out! Happy to hear it all went well and that you're coping admirably. Your mum sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going so well for you. I was banded 8/5...so I am six days out.
ReplyDeleteHey Jen, glad your feeling good! and you look great !!! I've been having major issues with my gas but trying to work through it !! Just walking and walking !!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up girl...we'll have to meet soon !! Are you going to the support group next week ??