It's official...I think I have done about two productive things at work today. I am so ready for this surgery!!!! Two more days, but man getting through today and tomorrow will be rough. I have work to do mind you, but I'd much rather hang out on lapbandtalk and check out my fellow bandster blogs.
Had a minor hiccup with things yesterday but everything was cleared up today. I received a call from my surgeon's office saying that my pre-testing blood work came back and my white cell count was high. This was because I was so sick when I had it done. But, my medical clearance form was signed by my PCP before I got sick, so this meant he had to note that I was on antibiotics at the time of my pre-surgical testing, or no surgery for moi. So, I call my PCP's office this morning and OF COURSE, he's on vacation. Called surgeon's office back, no problem, but you need to come to the hospital for another CBC. I did so, and got the all clear earlier this afternoon. Apparantly a normal white cell count is 10, mine originally was 14.2, this morning 7.4, hurrah for antibiotics!!
Mom and I are off to see West Side Story tonight. Exciting!!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You know I have never seen West Side Story. Not in the theatre or movie. I need to though.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you got that all cleared up!
Sometimes it is hard to work when there are fun things to read on the computer!
Counting down with you!! This is very exciting, and I'm glad you still have the go ahead, even with the wonky blood work :)
ReplyDeletehehe my word to verify was UNPIG (perhaps unpig(OUT) very apt for us bandsters now!
ReplyDeleteCara...HILARIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteAmy - West Side Story is a great show. A little dated these days, but the music and dancing is amazing. If you ever get to NYC, I'll take you!