How I'm Doing

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NSV's NSV's NSV's

Had a good but tough day at work today. Lots of negative stuff continuing and it just gets harder to manage. I had a second interview today and I think it went well, hopefully I'll hear good things tomorrow from the recruiter. I also got a call from a headhunter about a position with another consulting firm and was able to pass it along to my former boss who is still looking after being unemployed for a year, so I'm hoping it turns out for her.


Huge, spectacular NSV's today.

  1. I put on the suit today that I had worn for the interview I had early last week and it's too big. Looked like I was wearing my dad's suit jacket.
  2. Because it looked so big, and because I had on a relatively casual tank underneath it, I decided that I needed to shop at lunch to see if I could get a button-down blouse. I went to Ann Taylor Loft (it's across the street from the office and I had a gift card from Christmas) and bought a perfect white button-down that fit fabulously! Also got a cute black t-shirt and cardigan sweater. It was an amazing experience to be slightly stressed about needing to find a shirt, walking into a normal size clothing store and fitting into something with no problem. YEAH BAND!!!
  3. Got a package in the mail from Gen today! She sent me a bathing suit (tankini from Victoria Secret) with two skirts and an adorable bathing suit/dress coverup. They look great and all fit, so I'm all set for VEGAS! I'll take pics tomorrow.
  4. Didn't want to workout tonight when I got home from work, but I think it's starting to get into my DNA. I changed into my workout clothes and managed to do the first day of C25k week three. OOH, that's tough. Running for three minutes straight twice and I DID IT!!!
I was down to 201 this morning on my scale. I weighed on my neighbor's weight watchers scale tonight when I went to show her the adorable dress Gen sent and it said 198.5. Of course I don't count that since it's not my scale, but damn was that fun to see!! It's that time of the month for me, so I'm not sure if I'll hit 199 this week, but I'm hoping I do!!

Hope you're all having a great week. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Great NSV's! Week three was tough!! I did the first day yesterday morning and I thought I was going to die! I never knew three minutes could last so long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been hopping up and down at my neighbors or anywhere I saw that number on a scale. ONEDERLAND!!! And shopping at Ann Taylor. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some seriously great NSV's. Congrats on all counts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome NSVs, and I am so proud of you for powering through the end of day tiredness to workout! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea - Can't wait until you 199 (and me for that matter, but you first).
    I'm a bit of an Ann Taylor Loft addict right now - I have one near work and did some damage at my lunch hour yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Onederland! You are so there in a day or two!

    I am so glad you like the stuff I sent. I loved all those things - especially those thigh-covering skirts and the dress! Isn't that dress flattering? You are going to grow out of all of it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are FABULOUS NSVs!!!! you are so inspiring! ( I feel like I say this everytime I comment but YOU ARE!!!)

    I hope your job stress eases up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!

    I feel so badly, but then I don't, because when I went to put on the suit you gave me...it had become way too big! Even though the numbers aren't moving so much for me, my body is rearranging itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome NSV's!!! So great about being able to shop in Ann Taylor and pushing through to work out. I didn't want to work out today either but made it there anyway. I hope you have a great time in Vegas in your new swimsuits!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC NSV's. I'm getting to like these more and more - and yours were awesome.

    Have a wonderful time in Vegas. Sounds like you're going to!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and here's some good vibes re: your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there- good luck with the second interview. We spend sooo much time at work we should be happy there and since we work in similar jobs I can imagine there must be some big personalities/egos involved in your current work situation ;-)

    Oh yes, awesome NSVs. Must have been nice to just pop over to the shop and get what you need. That's the kind of stuff that hopefully will get easier for all of us with time.

    Can't wait to hear about Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great NSV and good luck with the interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WonderfulOnederland!!!!!!!!! You are SOOOOO THERE!!!

    ReplyDelete