How I'm Doing

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Have Been Zumbafied....

Just a quick note to say that EVERY muscle in my body hurts. It's hilarious. Muscles I didn't even know that I had hurt. While I love this pain - it oddly makes me feel alive - I fear having to start week two of C25k tomorrow. Lord, give me the strength!! I still highly recommend Zumba and will be headed back to class for some more pain soon.


Ooh, I made another yummy slow cooker recipe today and it's easy peasy! 


Three raw chicken breasts (boneless)
One onion sliced into rings
1 bottle of bbq sauce


In the slow cooker for 8 hours. When done, shred the chicken with a fork, add some of the left over sauce. 


I measured out three ounces of pulled chicken and used it to make lettuce wraps. YUM! So easy. About 190 calories for 3 ounces, two lettuce wraps. I only ate one...have been having stuck issues today. SO EASY, SO YUMMY! For those of you still eating bread, you can use this for sandwiches.

8 comments:

  1. JennyR,

    This sounds delicious .. I am going to try it this week.. sounds like something I can have cookin while I am at work..Thanks for the tip..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to get me a slow cooker. This just sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to try Zumba!!! I have heard it's so fun and such a good workout!! Sounds like it!!
    YUM on the slow cooker recipe. I just got one for Christmas and the only thing I've made is a VERY undesirable and unedible meatloaf.. so this recipe looks much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish, I made the pulled pork this weekend in my clow cooker. I have gotten stuck off of lettuce wraps before, it might be one of those stringy vegetables that has a hard time with the band!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make a version of this in the pressure cooker. Did you see on Sally's blog the book called make it fast, cook it slow? It's all crock pot recipes and I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum- good recipe- I will try that.

    Holy crap, I go away for a month and your lose 80 lbs? Sheesh, maybe I should take blogging breaks more often?

    Sumba ia a combo of dancing and kickboxing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am currenlty doing the C25K! I am buggered by the end of it, but having done it before eons ago I can remember the feeling of finishing that last run! You will be on a high!!!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, I LOVE lettuce wraps!

    ReplyDelete