You know that whole adage feed a cold, starve a fever. Well, I am proving that to be true today. I came down with a horrible head cold on Monday, fast forward to yesterday, painful sinuses, drowning in my own mucus. YUM! Of course this is all while I'm supposed to be facilitating a two-day training for a course we've been developing for three months! Thank god I have an incredible team, they sent me home yesterday afternoon after I had done my part and I went to bed. Today, I made it to the training, not feeling well but I made it through. My team was fantastic and we got glowing reviews from the participants. So great!
I came home hungry and proceeded to eat nuts and more nuts and more nuts. I just couldn't stop eating nuts! I called my mom. "I think I need a nut intervention." There is really something to that feed a cold thing, I feel like I am just hungry and hungrier. Of course payback is a bitch. I just had turkey chili for dinner with some stacy's pita chips and got stuck halfway through. No more nuts for me!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry about your cold - I've got it too. So funny how it affects all our bands differently.
ReplyDeleteStacy's pita chips are on my evil list!
Feel better!
Hope you feel better and kick the mucus out soon!
ReplyDeleteI just read on LInda's comment page how you had written a post about a cold lol... and here you are so here I am!
ReplyDeletePoor you - colds suck. You must have been craving some vitamin to head for the nuts (you went a little nuts too! lol) Hope you feel better soon - colds suck!!
Yuck about the cold. seems like a couple of our fellow bandsters have cold. I always follow that rule feed a fever, feed a cold.. One of them has to be right.. Hope you feel better soon. I love nuts too..Thanks for visiting my blog. I use the EAS whey protein, I have vanilla and chocolate.. I mix it sometime with the Yoplait smoothie mix and milk or just the powder and skim milk.. I really like the smoothies but my nutrionist said not to depend on them too much and that I need to incorporate more filling proteins. But I like them.. be well Jenny:)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those pita chips. Haven't had any yet - soft foods till next week. Yummm. Sorry about your cold, I hope it's all gone for the weekend. Feel better!
ReplyDeleteI totally can't have pecans and macadamia nuts in my house- I go waaaay overboard with them! Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteAwe, poor thing. Get thee some chicken soup! It works miracles! I have an easy easy recipe if you need it:
ReplyDeleteChicken Soup for Not a Huge Family (BF mocks me because I cook soup in HOOOGE batches)
2 chicken breasts, on the bone, skin removed
1-2 carrots
1-2 celery stalks
1 small - medium onion
2 cloves garlic
10 peppercorns
1 teaspoon of salt
8 cups of water
dill (optional, but highly recomended)
Chuck it all in a pot, bring it to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer and don't let it boil hard! Skim off any yuck on the surface. Cook 1-2 hours - it's totally done after one, but tastes better after two, when it has reduced and the flavors have concentrated a bit. If you want, shred the chicken, slice up the carrots, and serve with the broth, sprinkled with chopped dill.
I so identify with the nuts. I buy them in bulk so I can buy just enough every week for a serving or two. If I bring more into the house it is very dangerous!
ReplyDeleteI pb'd plenty when I was sick last week, I think the mucus really tightened my band. be careful
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better Jen! Get some REST this weekend. I have a thing for nuts too :)
ReplyDeletehttp://betterbanded.blogspot.com/
Nerd me, I always thought it was "Starve a cold, feed a fever."
ReplyDeleteI do know "Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear."