How I'm Doing

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fun Times with Friends

I have some friends in town this weekend which usually adds up to eating out more than usual. Thursday night we went to Five Napkin Burger - yes again. I ordered the mac and cheese that I had been coveting since my first trip there. Turns out it wasn't so good. A bit bland, went down perfectly fine but I had very little of it and managed to chew really well. Yesterday morning I woke up, still 189.8, scale isn't moving downward. Had my iced coffee and some greek yogurt with granola. Then decided to do my run. Yesterday was week 6, day 1 of C25k. It's a five minute warmup walk, five minute run, three minute walk, eight minute run, three minute walk, five minute run, five minute cool down walk. I did it, and it felt great. Tomorrow is five minute warm up, ten minute run, three minute walk, ten minute run, five minute cool down. Then onto the 25 minute runs for an entire week. WHOO HOO! I'm feeling more and more like I can do this. Being able to finish that twenty minute run really makes you a believer.


Anyway, back to eating. Yesterday we went to the ESPN zone for lunch. I had some spinach artichoke dip (that counts as a veggie right? ;-)) and three slices of a cheese quesadilla. I also had my first beer since surgery. Corona...tasted great, my band HATED it. I won't have beer again. Just made me feel way too full and so gassy all day long. UGH! I'll stick to my martini's thank you very much! Had a mani/pedi yesterday and then joined friends at Blockheads which is an outdoor mexican place. Just had some chips and salsa, but had a huge frozen margarita. It was yummy but I just kept thinking of how much sugar it included. Was probably about 500 calories at least. I had burned 300 calories in the morning, so at least I worked out! My new mantra should be "Will work out for booze". Last night around 9:30 (I hate eating this late), we went to pinch and smac. It's a pizza and mac and cheese joint. I had a slice of pizza (very thin crust). They cut their pizza into four two inch squares, so I ended up eating one square of the slice. It was great and went down really well. Pre-band I would eat 8 squares. SO WEIRD! And was still 189.8 this morning.


Trying to get back to the protein first mentality today and tons of water to see if I can get the scale to move downward. Feel like I ate lots of carbs over the past couple of days, so hoping to protein it out today.


Hope everyone is well. I'm on my own for Easter tomorrow (friends leave tonight), so I'm just going to relax, cook myself a lovely easter dinner and catch up on some DVR. All of course after my workout! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of deliciousness! Next time you go to 5NB, and there's a big guy with dark hair hosting that's the manager Ross, he's a good friend of mine. Tell him you know me! He'll hook ya up ;)

    My scale is chilling out in a not so friendly way - but if we keep working out and keep eating right... we should make it one day ;)
    love ya!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the C25K. It does feel great doesn't it!! I am running my first 5k next weekend thanks to this program. Keep it up, you will be surprised what you can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your doing such a great job coach to 5k!!!
    Funny thing, my first beer post op was last month at Red Sox Spring training game..the draft beer was good then had the bottle beer and felt way to gasy? But yes that's why I stick to Martinis! Yummy had a few to many last night lol! So try the draft may be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting C25K at the end of this month. You have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,,,what a weekend. You are doing so great and Ilove your new mantra...i workout for booze...me too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Jenny Go! Yay-- one day, the marathon, for sure. You can do it... and yes: I will also run for booze. Good idea. Maybe we'll do the 4 mile loop in Central Park together sometime this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished week 1 of C25k and your description of week 6 scared me. I was able to do every step (walks and jogs) of week 1 but I was tired.

    Ok, I'm only going to worry about week 2 right now.

    Enjoy your quiet holiday and hopefully your scale moves soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I think we had the same day yesterday! It was all appies, all the time over here. And sugary alcoholic drinks. Ugh. But weirdly, the scale stayed down. C'est la vie.... I guess?

    25 minutes of running straight?!?! Awesome. If it's rough the first time just remember it really will get easier. You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete