How I'm Doing

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back Down and Beginning Training

Well, I was up 2 pounds with my trip to Florida, but I'm back down 1.6 of that to 183.4. Whew. My restriction is really good. A little on the tight side, but it's just reminding me to chew well and not be stupid. I called the doctor this morning to see if he could call in a prescription for the thrush. Everything tastes horrible to me right now. Just ate my luna bar for breakfast and have this horrible bitter aftertaste. Thank god for gum! Hopefully I will get that prescription today and will be free of this ASAP!!

I start training for my run tonight. I signed up for the Chase Corporate Challenge on June 16th. It's a 3.5 mile run in Central Park and I'm doing it with a bunch of people from work. This will be my first official run so I'm excited about it. And now that I can run for about 1.8 miles, the training appears to be completely do-able. I start with a 1.5 mile run tonight (haven't run in a week, so it will be good to get back to it!) Fun to have a training plan. I'm going to try really hard to stick to it even while I'm on vacation.

Headed to California on Friday morning for a fun and relaxing weekend with my girlfriend her hubby. Then off to see mom and family in Arizona on Monday. CANNOT WAIT!! So much to do before then!

7 comments:

  1. Sun and HEAT baby! Wish I was going to Phoenix and Cali! It so cold right now here in Vancouver!

    You can so do the challenge with your eyes closed! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....have a wonderful time with your friends but especially, your mama! Now that i am in FL and my girls are in NY I treasure our time together and never take it for granted. I miss them so much! They are coming to FL for Memorial Day week and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great vacation with your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haver a great trip and enjoy the running!! It becomes addictive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just read through your blog - yes ALL of it! Such an inspiration! Good luck in the run!

    ReplyDelete