How I'm Doing

Monday, April 12, 2010

A fill and some hints from Dr. Oz

Had a fill today. After my .5 fill 2 1/2 weeks ago, and then having .25 taken out because I thought I was overfilled, I ended up getting .3 today for a total of 7.4 in a 10cc band. We'll see how this one goes! I was literally feeling like I didn't have a band this weekend, so hoping this will re-up the restriction level.


I'm feeling a bit better today. Figured it was probably allergies, so bought some Zyrtec-D on mom's advice today and it dried me right up. Still have this horrible cough which is making my chest hurt so badly, but feeling better nevertheless. Oh, hilarious thought today...I wondered if I could cough so hard that my band would pop out of place. I mean you can break a rib from coughing right??? ;-)


I decided after my fill (I was out by 5:05pm) that I would walk home from the hospital. Ended up walking about 2.6 miles from 31st and 1st avenue to 79th and 3rd avenue, then took the cross town bus to columbus, picked up Lucy from camp and walked home. I had decided that I didn't want to run tonight since I was still flemmy, so it was nice to get some exercise from the walk.


Finally, a friend of mine linked to this article on Facebook and I read it. It's a quick read and very relevant for us bandsters (and non-bandsters). Thought I'd share it all with you. Hope you are all well!

9 comments:

  1. It just kills me that your dog goes to camp. You are such a New Yorker!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the article, certainly helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny (and kinda scary) about coughing the band out of place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the Zyrtec is helping, good job on the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon! And this fill helps with getting your restriction back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny - I always think that sneezing with make the band pop out of place! I have really bad year round indoor/outdoor allergies and usually have one good sneezing fit every morning and every time I can't stop thinking that may band moved!

    Wow, when I read that you decided to walk from NYU, I was really shocked. That's quite a walk, girlie, way to go! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article. I truly believe that stretch pants of the 80's are partly responsible for the situation I'm in now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Dr. Oz, thanks for sharing! I hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete