How I'm Doing

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I DID IT!

I just got back from completing week five of C25k. Which means, I ran for 20 minutes straight!!!! I RAN FOR 1.5 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!  Sorry to yell, but I'm incredibly excited. I never thought I'd be able to do this. Even up to yesterday when I left work and told my assistant, "I'm supposed to run 20 minutes tomorrow morning, if I'm late tomorrow it means I did it, but I'll probably be on time." Stupid me who doesn't believe in myself. I CAN do this. I used to use everything as an excuse. 

  • I can't run, I have asthma (really bad, pill and two inhaler a day asthma), well I did it. 
  • I can't run, my knees will hurt (turns out when you lose weight this is less likely to happen)
  • I can't run, it will be too hard. 
Well, it was hard. I had an opportunity to give up about four minutes in. I had done my five minute warmup walk and then began running and it was hard. It was 7:30 in the morning, I like to be in bed at 7:30, and my body was feeling it, but I talked myself over the hump and said "It's just four five minutes pieces, do one and see how you feel". By 10 minutes in, I felt fine. The last five minutes were hard, but I pushed though it. 

Apologies if this post is way too "I'm super cool and proud of myself" but I am really proud of myself and want to have this post to look back on if I feel I can't do something. I CAN do this. I can run!!

35 comments:

  1. You are super cool and should be proud of yourself!!!!!!! I just completed week one and week 5 seems so hard. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO HAPPY FOR YOU! AND YOU ARE SUPER COOL and should be PROUD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Go, Jen!!!!! Next thing you know its a 5k, then a 10k, then a half marathon...AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ROCK! This is huge, a major accomplishment. Brag away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for a happy dance! You are rocking the C25K, and I love reading your progress, you deserve to have an I'm super cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool and you should have typed the whole post in caps!!!! Shout those accomplishments out, you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be proud of yourself!!! That is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be proud of yourself silly! that is freaking awesome! perhaps someday too I shall start the couch to 5k...and you and Sarah will be my inspiration! My little banded runners!

    Now go out and buy a running magazine. Bc you are! You can! You did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome!!!! You should be super proud of yourself!! Brag away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are Super Cool and Amazing! Great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Running is a big deal!! That's awesome that you were able to push through it.. :0) I've heard such good things about C25k!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! and there is nothing wrong with feeling pride in what we can accomplish! you are amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful!!! GO JEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You rock girl! Isn't it an amazing feeling? Watch out... you might just become addicted!!! Great, great job - major kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with everyone else and can totally relate as I'm 3 weeks into a C25K. I'm doing the coached one on Nikerunning.com. And I can only get through 5 mins of running at one time - to have the stamina and strength to get through 20 mins is AMAZING!!!! I upped my pace only b/c at the slower pace I was running - I was finding my hips, knees and one ankle was really bothering me. I thought it might be because of the slow shuffle I seem to do when I'm running so I'm pushing the speed to try to reduce the jolt on my joints. My logic is less up and straight down impact of my weight b/c of the shuffle I feel like I'm doing. Thanks for the comment on my blog today! I appreciate the kind words! :) Please keep posting what you're eating also - that's helping me to guage what 'should' make me successful. I had been eating WAY too much and realize that now when I compare myself and now am counting my calories online.
    Thanks again and here's a WOOOOOOOOOOT! for you! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course you did it silly! I can't believe you would doubt yourself, look at all the other amazing things you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No such things as too cool or proud of yourself Jenny... Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAAAAAAYYY! Don't apologize! That's amazing.
    I have all 3 of those excuses too....well, I used to. I've printed out the C25K program and plan to start next week. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should be proud of yourself this is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job and never apologize for being proud of yourself. It's YOUR blog!

    Because of your inspiration, I've started the program too! I even gave you credit on my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way to go! You are amazing. BTW, I just saw the jeans pic....incredible, you should be so proud of yourself. I can't imagine my body ever being that small again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome Jen! You should be proud. I downloaded C25K a few weeks ago, but haven't started. You make me want to.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is phenomenal. Congratulations, that's a real accomplishment! Run Jen Run!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! I started the program a few weeks ago and I'm still on week one. I am pretty much dogging it, but I want to continue. Kudos for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome!!! Way to go. Your doing Great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's great! You should be proud. I'm currently on week 3 of C 2 5K. I've always been in awe of runners and you're doing it. Hope to be there in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so awesome!!!! I am proud of u, I know how hard that is, you are a rock star runner!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You deserve to toot your own horn. You go Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You should be proud of yourself...running is HARD and it is also addictive. Well done to you. Sounds like you might be a distance runner the first few minutes are hell and then you find your groove. I am so proud of you....toot toot from me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jen!!! That is so great, you are my hero! Um, you are super cool, so don't worry about how you sound! <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know, it's so weird. When I first started 1 minute of "running" was really, really hard. No kidding around, no exaggeration. And now 30-40 minutes is starting to feel realistic. (Not easy- but it's getting to the point where it makes sense).

    ReplyDelete
  32. I nominated you for an award. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is GREAT NEWS! Congratulations! :) I started the C25k program last fall, but stopped due to my darn foot (plantar fasciitis).

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jen you inspire me!! way to go!!

    ReplyDelete