How I'm Doing

Monday, March 15, 2010

Running = DYING... ;-)

Whoo friggin' Hoo!! So, it's been a month and a half since I got my butt on the treadmill. The first month was because of my injured foot. The last two weeks were pure lack of motivation. So, I went down today after work and found that my gym key no longer works. UGH! Need to renew my membership. Hate giving my landlord ANY more money than I already do! Anyway, nice woman let me inside and I got on the treadmill. Now, a smart woman would have backed herself up a couple of weeks on C25k, but I didn't. Went straight to the third day of week 4. I thought I might die about halfway through but I just kept pushing myself and I FINISHED IT!!!!!!! Yeah Yeah Yeah! I almost threw up, but I finished. 


With my (.) plus the cankersore on the roof of my mouth (OUCH), I ate not so much today.


Breakfast: Iced coffee and luna bar (50 + 170 calories). I have real milk in my coffee and had one and a half!
Lunch: Rice crackers (110 cal) + individual serving of hummus (150 calories)
Snack: Bite size butterfinger (25 cal)
Dinner: Two thin slice manchego cheese (100 calories) + 1/2 cup chili (125 calories)


Wow...that's only 730 calories and it's 8:30. I burned about 275 on the treadmill. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have a peppermint patty before I go to bed. I'm thinking I may need to get those nuts back in the house. They are a better source of protein than peppermint patties!! ;o)

8 comments:

  1. Good job with the running! I need to start all over. sigh. I just can't seem to get in to the whole running thing. I am so jealous of being able to eat nuts, they are so hard to chew with my braces that I just avoid them...I miss nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for running! I start tomorrow, not too sure that I can jump right into the third day of week 4, but we shall see! The 6k is so close, no messing around anymore for me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting back with the exercise! I was doing great with my exercise but did something to my back in February. I am fine now but did not get back to it and I feel it!

    How long after surgery (mine is next Wednesday) were you able to start exercising? I know I can walk right away but I do so much better going to classes like Zumba.

    Where do you find individual servings of hummus? I can't trust myself with large portions and that sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! You have lost EVEN MORE in the week I was gone! You are a machine!

    WTG on the treadmill! That is awesome.

    I had the exact same breakfast as you today! Luna bar + iced coffee. I find the iced coffee keeps my appetite in check...but after that my menu does not resemble yours! That is a teeny amount of food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing with the calories and the exercise. I can't believe you were able to do the c25k without going back. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola lady...made my way back from the land of oblivion !! Glad to see that you are still working it ! So proud of you for literally running through it !! I HAVE SOOOOOO much catching up to do !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting right back into things, that's so impressive!!!! Be proud of yourself, lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete