How I'm Doing

Monday, March 15, 2010

OUCH...

Got my (.) today. I know for some that is TMI, but it completely explains why my band has been so tight for the last couple of days. I went to brunch with my friend yesterday at 1pm. Started with a prickly pair margarita (of course). I swear that thing had me so tight, I ate two chips and was done with. Slimed in the garbage in the bathroom. Tried two bites of my quesadilla benedict, back to the bathroom. So, it was hummus and rice crackers for me yesterday. I had about 3/4 of a cup of chili and three slices of manchego yesterday as well. Oh, and the other package of cococunt m&m's. And here's the verdict ladies = YUM! Seriously worth the 210 (maybe 230) calories. I feel like I couldn't buy a big bag and have them in my house, but I could buy a small package every once in a while and feel fine snacking on them.

So, woke up this morning and hello (.) friend. And hello horrible cramps. I mean seriously, it's the Monday after mother nature stole an hour from my sleep and you give me my monthly "gift". Not fair, mother nature, not fair!

On the SV (scale victory for my family) front, I was 189.6 yesterday morning. I took a picture (it's really fuzzy...Iphone camera).
I changed my ticker. I weighed 190 this morning, and felt okay about that knowing that I had just started my (.) I'm 3.1 pounds away from being the skinniest that I remember being. Shannon's wedding, July 2003.


While 199 was a huge milestone for me, I think 185 will be the biggest. I think I was so freaked out by being 186.5 that I was there for all of three hours. I immediately started to gain weight after this and never saw the 180's again. I hung in the 190's for a while before I got myself back to the 200's, then 250's and finally 283. So, the 180's bring me two big celebration points. 185, for the skinniest I remember being in my adult life (and that does include high school) and 183 - 100 pounds down. BRING IT ON!

10 comments:

  1. My band gets uber-tight right before my (.) too. I get to the point where I can only do liquids for a day or two.

    Those Coconut M&M's are my new fave too! Love anything chocolate and coconut. :)

    You have rocked your band and that is amazing! You will see that 183-185 number before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those M&M's too. BTW, I was at one of my adult thinnest times in '03 too...must've been something in the air that year. But at least this time, the weight should be gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the bum Dos Caminos brunch. That stinks. Congrats on the new number! YAYYYYYY Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it is weird but 199 was awesome but for sure not my biggest moment to date. I was going to post about it but didnt want to be ungrateful!

    please. you blogging about your (.) is nothing :) Trust me. I know TMI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo 180's! (.) is so tough with the band, but I love seeing the lbs drop the week before from being so tight! I NEED to try these m&m's-i've been looking for them at every drug store I run into but can't find them....probably a sign I shouldn't try them haha....that didn't work though, I bought a bag of regular ones and ate them! oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 180's!! Awesome! I too received the visitor. Maybe we're on the same cycle! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. So not fair to lose sleep and get cramps the same day...however you are doing really great on the weight loss front. You are going to sail past 185 and keep the scale moving down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! 189!! You are getting so skinny, lady! :) That is fantastic!!

    You know. . I love the Prickly Pear as much as you do. . but what if you order a hot tea or coffee when you sit down and alternate drinking the two. That may make brunch easier to eat for you. Not sure if you've tried that already, but thought I'd throw it out there!

    BTW, did anything in the bag I gave you even fit? I didn't realize how much smaller you were already when I put it together! :)

    ReplyDelete