How I'm Doing

Monday, March 8, 2010

Back to the Basics

So today was day one of back to the basics. I drank 68 ounces of water before 6pm today which is good. Leaves me with another 32 to drink before bed.


Food for today:

  • Breakfast - iced coffee (30 calories) + protein bar (210 calories)
  • Lunch - hummus and crackers (150 +110 calories)
  • 2nd iced coffee (30 calories)
  • Snack - protein bar (210 calories)
  • Dinner - chili with light sour cream (250 calories)
So at 8:15pm that put me at 990 calories, 210 left to reach my daily goal of 1200. I was still so hungry after dinner which was frustrating. I had an entire cup of chili. So, I had some nuts. I figured I would just have a serving, but I'm pretty sure I had at least 1.5 servings. I think I need to throw them away. I'm finally not hungry....but that was 285 calories and I definitely ate them too fast. Total for the day 1275.

I definitely need a fill.

6 comments:

  1. 1275 is still pretty damn respectable. Good idea to go in for a fill to keep the hunger at bay. And yes, it's time to rid your house of nuts, for now at least.

    Stay strong, girlfriend. And have fun at Martini Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious about your iced coffee. Do you make it yourself? How is it 40 calories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny...didnt you buy a scale a couple of months ago (a food scale)? What kind of peanuts do you eat? I eat like planters lightly salted or if I am at work and my coworker buys them, they are the regular planters which are so addictive! I ask about the food scale though bc what I hate about the serving size on the planters is they do serving sizes in ounces! I wish they would say 1/4 cup is equal to _____. Anyways, if you have a food scale, would you measure out what a serving size of peanuts really is? And show us? (or just me). lol...now if you DONT have a food scale, never mind all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elliana - don't make it myself, actually get it downstairs at Bistro. BUT, I use whole milk. Sometimes it's 50 calories if I add two mini moos on top of the milk. They are 10 calories each - tiny little servings of half/half. I didn't start out as a big coffee fan, so I had to mask the taste a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I just Googled the label for the Lightly Salted peanuts and saw that one serving equals 1 oz. That would convert into 1/8 of a cup - does that help?

    ReplyDelete