How I'm Doing

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Update: Not to Fret

So weird that so far I'm the only one who feels a bit dizzy post fill. I think Nicole is right, maybe it's because I get up too fast? In terms of the fill, so far so good. I had some tomato soup today and it went down fine. Got a jamba juice tonight (original size, which is a medium) drank half and it's in the freezer, I'll drink the rest later. Tomorrow it's on to protein shakes - I just hate them, but I definitely don't get enough nutrients on liquid days. My doc says two days liquids, two days mushies - no rules about not eating/drinking up to a fill. The last two times with my teensy little fills, I definitely cheated and moved to solid food much earlier. This time I'm going to stick to the rules!


Hope you are all doing well!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are staying down for you. Hang in there with the liquids and mushies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for sticking to the rules, I am so glad you aren't over filled. I am a rule breaker, I had mashed potatoes for dinner tonight right after my fill. Probably not the best idea...I will try and do better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER follow the rules. I might do mushies/liquids the first day, but not the second. I a such a rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jem: ugh, sorry to hear about the coffee slime! Bleh... good for you for following the rules.. I find it hard myself.
    Fill day for me tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the shakes! After my fills I just seem to drink water or soup until I can do mushies.
    Hang in there and good job following the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much did you get, Jen? Glad its all going ok though. Two days liquids then two days mushies is rough. I only have to do a day of mushies when filled then can eat as I want (if I can lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen! It doesn't happen to me anymore, but the first 3 times the Dr. accessed my port, I did get dizzy and had flu-like symptoms. Finally after the 3rd one I realized that they were migraines. Thankfully, it stopped happening, I was dreading every fill.
    2/2 days is hard! My dr. says liquids the first day...soft food the next, then good to go.
    I suppose if you're really tight, the 2/2 rule is better so as not to cause any PB's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are not to tight. And I meant to say I dont get dizzy either after a fill. You are looking amazing by the way. Looking forward to the next bandster brunch, hope the weather will be nice so we can have a few cockatails outside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Ren told me that I could count the day of the fill as the first liquids day. I usually do liquids that day, then am basically back to normal the following day. . oops. . bad bandster. . :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How much fill did you get? It sounds like you feel good, hope this one is just right!

    I did my 2 days of liquids and now on mushies - well, more like anything soft. I had an Amy's frozen cheese enchilada for lunch (yum) and it went down easy....maybe too easy? But I did not eat anything till noon, was not hungry, so that is good!

    I find the first 4 days post-fill annoying because I do not lose until I am back to real solids. I am trying to look at the bright side - I am saving my losses for the Memorial Day Challenge! LOL

    Sorry about the Boy, too. That bites.

    ReplyDelete