So the fact that I'm leaving for Munich today is finally hitting me. I'm actually excited to get on the plane to see how much smaller I am since the last time I flew. I'm down about 25 pounds since then. Even though I'm thinner, I do still focus alot on my seat. I was able to switch last night to a window seat and noticed that there was a window exit seat available. I debated for a while and finally opted out of it because I was afraid it would be too small. The armrests are immovable and because the tray table is in the armrest it makes the seat a bit smaller. That made me nervous and got me thinking...I cannot wait until I'm at goal and wouldn't even bat an eyelash to sit in an exit row seat. There were a few other reasons that had nothing to do with weight. 1) They mentioned on seatguru that it can be a bad seat because the door is so big that you end up having to contort your legs a bit, can't put them straight 2) It can get colder by an exit and 3) It's by the bathroom so lots of passengers congregate there. So, I'll be back in row 40 but in a window hopefully with nobody beside me.
So today I'm wrestling with what I'm going to eat. No go-to foods. Makes me nervous. Even thinking about eating on the plane. 1) Will I be too tight? My last and only post band flight was only 35 minutes in the air so I didn't notice a difference. 2) Lots of dinner with colleagues this week, please please do not have an issue!! CHEW CHEW CHEW!
I'm bringing protein bars with me. Maybe it will be like Charlotte in Sex and the City when she only eats pudding in Mexico....hopefully minus the end of that story. ;-)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You will do fine with eating...Just as you said bring a few protein bars in case but there will be plenty of band friendly food. Have a great time!!!
ReplyDeleteHAHA love that Charlotte girl!!! :) Too funny!!
ReplyDeleteI bet you would have been FINE in that exit row seat, darlin' but I understand being apprehensive, especially for such a LONG flight.
Maybe pack a few nuts too... cashews, etc...? Or a banana? You'll have a great time there - keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you already know what to do during those dinners - Chew, Chew, Chew! You have been so successful - you are a pro! Have a wonderful time and don't worry so much :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it, Jen. You will be fine - do as Sarah said: maybe pack a banana.. shouldn't go wrong there. Let us know how it went x
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great trip, love the Charlotte reference, I just laughed out loud thinking about the "Charlotte Poughkeepsie'd in her pants"!!!
ReplyDeletehave a great trip....I always go exit door if I can (but an aisle) because I have long legs and a big tum and I don't have to worry about someone putting their seat back, which usually ends up being somewhere in the vicinity of my face! Looking forward to hearing how you go with the seats and the eating...
ReplyDeleteI am sure you will be fine! I made the mistake of getting a bulk head seat when I flew to Japan - let me tell you, the trays in the armrests do make a BIG BAD difference, especially for a 15 hour flight! My last flights, to Seattle in August and Paris in May were ROUGH. I don't think I will be flying until next May, which will be five months post surgery, and if I do as well as you have, that will be a HUGE difference!
ReplyDeletePS - Another brunch soon? When are you getting back from Munich?
Have a great trip! I hope the flight went really well. In just a few months, you won't even worry about the seats at all! I didn't do a lot of traveling after my surgery, so my first plane was about 6 months in (36 pounds down -- 193 lbs), and I really noticed a big difference in how comfortable I was on the plane.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time, and just order a lot of fish -- that always works well for me!
Catherine