Man...I love fills. Granted I'm still in wait and see mode today in terms of whether or not I need a slight unfill. BUT I reached my 5th goal, actually blew right past it. I weighed twice this morning, once I was 213.2, the second time 213.8, so I stuck with the higher one. A few days ago I posted an aggressive goal of losing five pounds by Thanksgiving to get me down to 70 pounds and a weight of 213. I'm only .8 away!
Moral of the story...I bitch alot about that scale when I'm in plateau mode but the scale will move. Similar to what other bandsters have said, I tend to drop a good deal of weight right after a fill and the week of my period. So, I just need to remember during those two weeks a month where the scale isn't moving that it will move again.
I decided to start the day today with a hot drink. I'm not a fan of hot beverages but similarly to how Amy covets those with their coffee mugs, that's how I feel about people carrying the red Starbucks cups. a) They just seem so lovely and Christmasy and b) People who drink out of Starbucks cups just seem cooler. ;-)
I also know that hot beverages are very good at loosening bands up. So, I had a tall peppermint hot chocolate. Only got about 3/4 of it down, it's just really sweet, but it was yummy and I feel full. I'm planning to have some of that honey roasted peanut butter I made myself yesterday at Whole Foods for a mid morning snack.
Thanks for your comments about my "stucky" situation. I'm hoping that things like mashed potatoes aren't truly out of my life forever! I think that maybe I need to eat a smaller amount really slowly. Once I'm full, put it away and then start again if I'm hungry in an hour. I think last night I had the mentality of "This cannot be enough food, I need to eat more" because really when is 1/3 of a cup of food enough?? In reality, I should have stopped. We'll see what today brings!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I feel the same confusion w/ my latest fill. It's like "is that enough food? omg!". it's neat though b/c the body responds nicely to it!
ReplyDeletecongradulations on doing well and getting sooooo close to your Thanksgiving goal!
Thanks for sharing this info-- it is SUCH a learning curve... it is great to have your expertise (which is obviously growing) in my pocket before my big day.... and days to come. I hope this fill works out and you don't need to get unfilled, just b/c that sounds like a pain in the arse.
ReplyDeleteI also like the look of people carrying a Starbucks cup around. Which is why I LOVE the new water bottle I got yesterday. It looks exactly like the cup that an iced starbucks drink comes in, but it's a water bottle. My sister got it for me yesterday so it has a holiday straw that's red and white striped, but she has one with the normal green straw. In fact I always thought she was getting waters at Starbucks and finally asked her why she stops there for water and she told me it was a water bottle. It's got a double wall, so it's insulated too. They're kind of hard to find, not every store carrys them but boy am I going to feel cool drinking out of it :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, did you see how Former Fat Girl posted what she's been doing to achieve her big loss (in terms of calorie intake, exercise, etc.)? You've been so successful, could you do a post giving us newly banded people some of your tips for success? Congrats on being down 70 pounds...it really is incredible!
Jen,
ReplyDeleteI'm still waiting for that restriction, sorry about the mashed potato incident. I'm so impressed by how the weight is coming off you. I feel like an under achiever lately.
I love awake tea lattes at SBUX - they are really good and keep me fill for awhile(and I get some protein from the milk).
Robyn - I got that cup too. I keep it work and I've been drinking so much water. It keeps stuff cold and doesn't "sweat" all over my desk.
I am truly amazed at what you've accomlished in 3.5 mos. What I have learned with my last fill is that while its pretty tight for the first 3 weeks or so - enjoy it b/c it will loosen. You won't be stuck with mushies only forever nor get stuck on mashed potatoes forever. Eat smart - get your protein and vitamins, and by the time your tightness relaxes maybe you'll be at a perfect place for a while. I honestly considered an unfill - b/c I was like you and was concerned I might be too tight. I'm glad I waited b/c I'm able to each much more now. Even a little worried about that.....good luck!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on reaching your goal!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jen ! WOW I'm so proud of you and it seems you're def on ur way to the onderland goal !! Sorry to hear about the potato incident, I think this is where the real work is gonna start as far as how we eat the food and when to say enough !!
ReplyDeleteI've also noticed that I now have morning tightness which I didnt before and I'm also having issues with saying enough is enough and tend to go for that "extra" bite..argh ! This is just another little hurdle which we'll easily glide over in a bit !!
XOXO
You are awesome! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI agree about the 2 weeks thing - 2 weeks after a fill the weight drops off, then it SLOWS in a big way. We have to remember the good times!
SO jealous about that peppermint hot cocoa, that sounds just perfect.
I wish we had a starbucks here in Perth - actually I wonder if we do and I just haven't seen it.. ok that's a mission today!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing famously sweet Jen.. seriously! I just get more and more amazed at how that weights coming off you - you're obviously doing something right.
Congratulations!! It sounds like you're a little too tight right now though -- I don't like to be so tight that water gurgles down. Maybe see how it goes for a week and if you keep getting stuck, get .2 or so taken out.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You are such a success story! Share you secrets...please :)
ReplyDelete