I know a lot of us are doing C25k or running in some form, I also know that many of us have discussed a desire to meet each other face to face at some point. So, I had a thought. My first goal with this running thing is to graduate from the C25k program. My second goal is to run a 5k next year, and then another and another. But, I wanted to set an even larger goal, so I've decided that I'm going to run the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon in Disneyworld January 2011. Thought I'd throw it out and see who might be interested. I know it's over a year away, but I thought if we at least started the conversation now it would allow us to make arrangements, save money, etc. We could make a weekend of it, visit the happiest place on earth, run a 1/2 marathon (or cheer those on that do) and actually meet in person.
Quick poll: Who'd be interested in something like this??
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sign me up!
ReplyDeleteI'LL COME! And cheer you bitches on - this ankle doesn't run!
ReplyDeleteI will totally be a cheerleader next to Angie!!! WOOOO, go disney princesses!
ReplyDeleteI think I normally walk a half marathon when I go there anyway(loaded down with "Mom" stuff). I'd definitely be interested in going.
ReplyDeleteI'd consider that!
ReplyDeleteCOUNT ME IN!! I'm doing the Princess Family 5K run with my sister in March 2010 and the half marathon in Jan 2011 sounds great !!!
ReplyDeleteMe!!!! I'm not really motivated to do a half marathon right now, but I will be when I'm skinny!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!
Sign me up!!!
ReplyDeleteI think a half marathon is a great goal, it's even one of mine. Just b/c I'm a dork, where is that at? I'd love to make a weekend out of it. I'm considering doing the 1/2 marathon in New Orleans in late Feb but it depends on how much progress I have w/ stamina between now and then. A good friend lives there and my sis might come down and join us. So yeah, I'd love to. Just keep mentioning it every few mths b/c I forget ALOT. haha!
That sounds so fun - I was looking at the 5k for this year, but decided to wait... I think that is a great thing to work toward!
ReplyDeleteI think this might be a great idea...I only live about 8 hours away from old Disney World!!! Maybe Sarah can get us a good deal on a place to stay bc she goes there almost every weekend (okay, not really...but close)!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun, and far enought away to get ready for it!
ReplyDeleteSign me up too!
ReplyDeleteAll this enthusiasm is making me really consider it! A half marathon is like a crazy thought for me, but why not!?!? Count me in!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't familiar with the c25k either, but it looks like a good place to start. I feel like I'm pretty much at the beginning on this one!
gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com
BTW Amy - I'm going to start commuting there EVERY weekend! (lol... I wish)
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun...but I don't run! So if you need another cheerleader I'm in!
ReplyDeleteI'd be up for a half marathon! Gotta get my rump in gear and get back to running... sooner than later tho! Keep us posted on what you find out/plan for us :)
ReplyDelete