How I'm Doing

Friday, September 18, 2009

Sick and Hungry

W
Woke up this morning feeling sick. Stuffy nose, sore throat, coughing. No fever, so just the common cold. I feel like I'm drowning a bit and just feeling yucky. I was supposed to go to Boston today for work but cancelled. My client is pregnant and I couldn't bear the thought of getting her sick. So we did our work via phone and then I promptly took a three hour nap. I'm not a nap girl - though I wish I was - so I always know my body is feeling weak when I can actually nap.


It's funny, yet again no movement on the  scale and today I feel like I don't even have a band. Head hunger driving me mad today and because I'm sick I'm just giving into it. I'm not eating anything bad just taking in more calories than I should be. I'll probably top out at around 1350 today which is significantly more than I usually eat. But, I'm letting myself off the hook today. The funny part is that earlier this week I was debating whether I needed a fill. I came to the conclusion that I did because I was still hungry sometimes between meals and I don't want to be, but today proves it. Yes my will power is weak today but I still have some....if I didn't I would have eaten far more and since my band doesn't seem to be reacting to anything I eat today, probably have overstuffed myself.


Big day planned tomorrow, I'm heading to Connecticut to hang out with my friend Liz. She's taking me to the mall to shop - a big thing for an NYC girl...no malls here - we're doing massages, desperately need one! And then I'm staying over at her place. Will be so fun to see her, she hasn't seen me since pre-surgery. YEAH!!

6 comments:

  1. That will be so good, seeing someone who is really going to notice your progress. Have a great time shopping, hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better!

    Sick with a new band doesn't sound fun and I am right there with you re: a stall.

    But when you think about it, we've lost a lot of weight so an adjustment period makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, Hope you feel better soon. Dont feel too guilty about the extra calories, your body actually needs a little extra to get over a cold..the addage "starve a fever, feed a cold" is actually true. Enjoy the mall...the one thing I miss about florida !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I was just looking at your goals and I think you meant to put 2010 on the end ones.. I was a bit confused for a while how you were 200s in the end of 09 and then 175 in early 09 LOL.

    I hope you feel better really soon!!! Being sick when it's nice out should be illegal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're not too sick to enjoy your girlie weekend. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, good catch Tiff! I totally did not notice that.

    Anywoooo, hope you had a great time at the mall. I remember when I visited my BFF in Seattle and I told her we could go to the mall or something and she didnt know where a mall was...we had to drive to the burbs to find one!

    ReplyDelete