How I'm Doing

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fills Are Truly Wonderful Things!

Still have restriction! I'm on day four after my second fill and still feeling a good deal of restriction. I moved to mushies yesterday. I had a greek yogurt for breakfast, ate the whole thing (130 calories) but it took about 30 minutes. Had 3/4 cup of refried beans with cheese for lunch but only managed to eat about 2/3rd's of it. Had the beans, mashed potatoes and cheese dish for dinner and ate a little over 1/2 of that and had two weight watchers popsicles. Total calories 845. I'll admit that by 11:30 last night my stomach was growling but I ignored it and went to sleep. There was about six hours between lunch and dinner and I probably went about five of those without being hungry. A wonderful feeling!

Today I had a piece of toast with reduced fat creamy peanut butter. I ate 1/2 of it and then felt a tightness in my chest so I stopped. I haven't PB'd yet (productive burp for family viewers) - knock on wood, but I'm thinking that maybe my band isn't a fan of toast now that it has 5.5cc's of fluid in it. Bummer because I enjoyed my breakfast of toast and peanut butter. I'll try again this weekend and see if it's any better and if not, I'll stick to yogurt in the mornings.

I forgot to tell everyone about a great NSV I had this week. Flying was of course always something that I feared 1) Because I have general plane falling from the sky anxiety, although this has gotten significantly better over the years but 2) because I always dreaded I would encroach into the middle seat and that I wouldn't be able to buckle the seat belt. I know this is a major concern of a lot of us in this situation. Well I'm thrilled to report that I fit in my seat without my body edging the armrest up. My thigh barely encroached into the middle seat and I had no fears that someone wandering down the aisle was thinking "Ugh, I have to sit next to the fat girl". Now, I've still got a ways to go. I want a little room between me and the armrests. Would be nice to put a book between me and the armrest at some point. ;-) But I was perfectly happy knowing that I would never have to fear whether or not I would fit in an airplane seat again. NEVER! I mean have any of you gone onto seat guru to see what the width of the airplane seats are before you purchase your flight?  I've done that. I went to Europe last year and was terrified that at some point during my trip, I would not fit into a seat. There was one flight where I thought if I stood up, I would've taken the seat with me!

Last reason why this fill is awesome. I'm down nearly four pounds since Monday. Today I weighed in at 237.2 a total of 45.8 pounds lost in a little over nine weeks. While I'm so grateful to be getting healthier, I'm also elated that it's coming off this quickly. I imagine that after my thyroid surgery things will slow down a bit, so nice to have a good loss now.

Hope you are all doing great!

12 comments:

  1. Jenny - great NSV's - you are doing awesome :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaaa, now I want to go get a fill. Damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the day I knew I could no longer do peanut butter toast :( sad day
    You are doing so well! Your blogs are awesome...I always read them, just from my blackbery so hard to comment.
    Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, how I love toast (or even better...bagels and cream cheese!), but I just can't manage it very well anymore.

    My last plane flight, I too was please to see that my seat wasn't fitting so snug. Definitely something to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm jealous! 5.5 cc's on your second fill! Man, my Dr. is conservative! I have 5.5 cc's and just had my FIFTH fill!

    Yay, for the victory on the airplane! We are flying next month and I can't wait to see how much better I fit in the seat. Flying was always not fun when you were worried about a.) what others were thinking as you walked down the aisle, b.) wondering if you were going to fit in the seat, c.) nervous about being in a middle seat and d.) praying to god you didn't need an extender (that happened to me once and it was the MOST mortifying thing ever).

    congrats on the 45 pounds down! Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Jen!

    My wl has stalled right now, I'm down 40 lbs and it hasn't moved. Even with 4.1 ccs worth of restriction and careful portions, etc etc.

    I decided I'll "let it be" for now and just focus on creating new eating habits with the band and getting used to a new routine and hinge my hopes that my next fill will assist.

    I have gone to seat guru, too. I used to feel sooo anxious before flying. My worst flight was from Hong Kong to New York seated next to a guy who was traveling with a bunch of his work buddies. He did NOT want to sit next to me and made that very clear to the stewardesses. Alas, it was a full flight so he and I were jammed up agaisnt each other for HOURS and HOURS. I was pretty young and insecure at the time (21, maybe?) and I was heart broken during the flight, just mortified. I kept going to the washroom to unkink my shoulders and sob for small breaks.

    Sorry for such a long and depressing post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen that is an awesome NSV, fitting comfortably into a plane seat is in my top ten list of things I want to be able to do. I'm soo glad that it's coming of so quickly for you ! Yipee !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way 2 Go!! You are doing amazing! and are such an inspiration! I can't wait to not have to worry about airplane seats, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, now I see the thing about the Hong Kong guy. Brooke, that sucks! I mean, that guy sucks!

    Jen, you are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great NSV :) I'm super happy for you, congrats on your awesome loss so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congradulations! And that IS a great NSV! I fly in 3 wks and it's been probably 4 yrs since I did, so I'm anxious to see how it turns out. You need to update your tickler at the top since your around 45 lbs down!!!

    ReplyDelete