How I'm Doing

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Review of Christmas Eating

Insert scary music here.....just kidding!  All in all it wasn't that bad. I rarely eat sweets so that was probably the only true difference in what I did yesterday, that and three glasses of wine. I had 3/4 of a fat free greek yogurt with granola for breakfast and then a chocolate chip cookie and a mini snickers bar (Santa brought them, how could I deny him the satisfaction....). 


Mom and I went to the movies around 2pm with my friend Julia and saw "Up in Air" the new George Clooney movie. Great film, well acted, not really very Christmassy. ;-) I had three pieces of popcorn and 1/2 a small diet coke (it was yummy and didn't bother my band) and I had two tiny pieces of the carmel apple I posted yesterday. While waiting for the movie to start (we were an hour early) I had a glass of wine.


We came home from the movies and had dinner. I probably had about 2 ounces of the chicken cordon bleu from Whole Foods, it was yum. Had 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes with some gravy. Had two glasses of wine last night and for dessert I had a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. So, many more sweets and alcohol than usual, but all in all not bad. It's my TOTM as of yesterday (Merry Christmas to me), and I still managed to lose 4/10's of a pound. I'm down to 205.2. Two tenths of a pound and I'll be able to scratch another goal off my list which will be exciting!! 


I think I'm at my sweet spot in terms of restriction. I have really good restriction but am able to eat the things that I want in moderation. I've noticed that I cannot eat meat before dinner, even at lunch one bite is too much. The sliming incidents are going down as long as I'm paying attention and not eating the wrong things. I'm probably not eating more than 3/4 to a cup of food at each meal. I'm losing more slowly than before but that was bound to happen and just proves that I need to get moving....NEW YEARS RESOLUTION is to finish the C25k program. I've been so bad about that.


Oh, can't remember if I mentioned it but I had steak for the first time since surgery on my birthday earlier this week. Went to a great steakhouse called Landmarc and I ordered the Filet Mignon medium rare with béarnaise sauce. I probably ate about 2.5 to 3 ounces of it and it was yummy!! We're headed back there tonight and I plan to order the exact same thing!


Hope you had a lovely holiday with your families! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day...I also hit a movie and was so tempted by the movie theatre popcorn - one of my favorite things! Kept telling myself, another two weeks, another two weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! Sounds like a great level of restriction to allow for a healthy eating lifestyle while still affording you to ability to enjoy some of life's pleasures in food too!
    Yay and good luck shaving those .2 olbs oFf!!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya about the exercise, I have only run one day while I have been here; plus it's too darn cold!! I have joined a new gym that opens Jan. 1 and I will be moving my running inside. The 5k is Feb. 6th on Folly Beach. So I have to step it up a little to get ready. After the year end madness is over I look forward to having more time for exercise, until then I will just keep plugging away. Sounds like you have had a great Christmas, hope your new year is wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so nice you seem to have great restriction : couldn't have come at a better time too, with Christmas and everything.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, sounds like you did not do too much damage food wise! In fact, pretty similar to my day today. We went to the movies and I decided not to have even one kernel of popcorn - just not wanting to start, and I am not a big popcorn person anyway. Then the partying started up again tonight, and it was martinis, wine, some pie, some candy - tiny bits, but more than usual!

    Sounds like you are at a good place with the band!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you did really well eating for the Holiday! Yay! And a WL, good for you!

    ReplyDelete