How I'm Doing

Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm Back!

Hi Everyone!! Hope you are all doing well. I'm back from my crazy week of travel and trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. 


I'm having one of those days at home where I don't want to stop eating. The nice thing is that my band only lets me eat a little at a time so I can't do significant damage calorie wise. I had some really nice NSVs this week. My clients in Boston who I hadn't seen since before surgery both stopped me to tell me how great I was looking. They both said "You have lost a ton of weight, how are you doing it?" I said something about not eating bread.....wasn't going to tell them about the band. 


I ate some REALLY good food while in Boston. I had baked stuffed shrimp twice (I ate a shrimp and a half, but it was still good). My restriction is killer right now. I am getting stuck alot lately, some sliming but not all of the time. But I don't eat very much of my meal. I've had to pull the "I'm not feeling well" with two waiters this week as they questioned if my meal was okay.


I stayed the same on vacation, still at 208.6. I've had my slowest weight loss month this month, it will be one month on Tuesday and as of now I've only lost 6.4 pounds. I've been treating myself lately so I'm hoping that now that the travel is over for a couple of weeks I can get back to the basics.


Oh, I thought of one other thing that has helped me be successful. I sabotage myself....I know what you're thinking "Um, Jen that should make you gain weight", but I sabotage the cheats. Today is a good example. Went to the movies, wanted some chocolate, bought a Dove milk chocolate candy bar. It's a thin bar, 200 calories, it's got five little squares. I ate one of the squares and then put it down. I kept thinking about it but at the same time wasn't hungry and didn't really want to eat it. So, I slid it far under the chair next to me (I'm pretty sure it went into the row behind me). I do this with stuff in my house too. If I find that I keep going after it, I throw it in the garbage. I find it helps. I didn't think about the chocolate again and I couldn't have found it if I wanted to. ;-)


I'm back to work tomorrow even though I'm supposed to be on vacation. I have to have a really tough conversation with a client which is going to SUCK, and then I have a meeting with my team from 3-5. One more client call on Tuesday from 11-12 and then I'm done!!


Missed you all! I'm off to read some more blogs now. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going great guns!!! I am going to remember that trick with the choccie bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I had no idea you were in Boston!!! AHHHHH I'm so upset! I want to hear about all that you did and where you ate! I hope you come back again soon, I would love to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen,
    So great to have you back. We missed you too! Have the best Christmas ever and enjoy your time.
    Cara xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, like Cara said, we missed you!

    I have poured salt or soap (yes, from SATC) over food so I wouldn't eat it. Cause I wouldn't put it past me to say, "well, I threw it away in the container, so it's not like it is dirty..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you! Traveling must be tough food wise, but it sounds like you're doing OK.
    Enjoy your time off this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking we hadn't heard from you in awhile (forgot you were traveling), glad you're back! It sounds like you're doing great...and your low month of weight loss is still great. It's so good that you've found tricks to make yourself not overeat. I'm not sure that would work for me - I tend to be an obsessive thinker, but I might give it a try. Although I'm afraid I'd be on my belly jammed under my chair trying to find that chocolate bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey glad you're back.

    I have been throwing stuff out, too. We had a little get together at our place on Friday and some GFs brought a big bowl of 7 layer dip, white bean hummous and cookies. I love dips and they were calling to me from the fridge so I threw them out. It feels wasteful and strange but "dip" isn't an essential food group and it's not like I was throwing out something I should be eating.

    My wt ls has been slow too, lately. But I figure the holidays are almost done and life will get back to normal soon and I'll have to cut out my three home baked cookies a day allowance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are definitely learning to "live" with the band! You are doing the little things that are important to making sure that you are not forgoing your favorite foods. The joy of the band is that you don't really have to give up the things you truly love! It's a very different thought process than the "diet" lifestyle--where you had to deny yourself the things you love!
    We are all works in progress!!!!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I just saw your comment and thought you'd be more likely to see if I wrote you back here then on my post lol. Maynard?? That is in the boondocks lol, how did you like it there? I live in Peabody, which is like 20 minutes north of Boston. You will have to let me know next time you come up this way, any scheduled trips?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your trip went well and you are safely home! And no weight gain, yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete