I'm so excited for 2010. I predict it will be the year that many of us reach our goal weights, which is just crazy and awesome to think about!! 2010 will also be the year of travel for me. I'm headed to Las Vegas the first weekend in February with my girlfriends and then heading to Spain and Italy with my mom (not sure when yet, but definitely in 2010). Next year is also my 20th highschool reunion. I wouldn't have gone at 283, but hopefully by November I'll be at least 165.
So, reflecting back on 2009. It's been a tough but good year. My company went downhill as did many others in this economy. We lost 9 of 23 people and were forced to work with a new leader, a tough thing for many of us. We took salary cuts, never fun when living in Manhattan doesn't get any cheaper. I made the decision to have lap band surgery (yeah me!) only to find out that I had to do a supervised diet for six months before I could even begin the process (to all of you who are even thinking about surgery, do this now!! Just get it started so that if you make the decision to have the surgery you'll have this wrapped up). During the process for lap band surgery I found out that I had a lump on my neck which turned out to be thyroid cancer. Two of my best girlfriends got divorced. A tough year. On the good side, that six months flew by and I was approved for surgery without any issues. My thyroid cancer had not spread and was contained to only the right lobe. My two girlfriends are happier than ever and my company is beginning to improve. Oh and I lost 78 pounds in five months. WHOO HOO!
2010 goals:
- Reach my goal of 165 - would really love to do this by May.
- Exercise regularly 3-4 times per week.
- Run my first 5k by March.
- Date!!
Oh one quick thing. While I love this band, I hate it sometimes. I bought some tortilla chips for tonight and decided I'd have some with sour cream and salsa for a snack/lunch. I know that chips are scary because you can just eat and eat and eat them, so I am grateful for this band, BUT I wish that it would have let me eat more than four before getting stuck! FOUR!!!! Seriously....stop me at TEN, not FOUR! GRRR....
Happy New Year everybody. I continue to be so grateful for your support and incredible comments. You are all absolutely amazing, gorgeous, intelligent, and sassy women!! xoxo


Happy New Jen! Your girls night sounds so fun. One thing I miss about single is not having as many girls night.
ReplyDeleteDon't hate the band for the tortilla chip block - I ate way too many one day over the Christmas holiday. They just slid down.... :(
I'm excited to think how far we will all go in 2010 toward our weight goals.
Yes happy new year pretty girl! Paranormal Activity had some very scary parts! I liked it...I just wish there had been MORE scary parts! Have fun and enjoy. I think that this year is going to be full of some many things for you...including finding some great guys! Have fun tonight!
ReplyDeleteJen, have a blast tonight with your girls night! You are doing great & I know that 2010 will bring you everything you deserve!!
ReplyDeleteHave A Happy & Prosperous New Year!!
Have fun tonight! Great goals, I am setting some myself....Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteDamn chips-- I can imagine myself in the same predicament several months from now!! Anyway: happy new year and happy new(er) you-- you are an inspiration to me and I am amazed at your bravery and progress.
ReplyDeleteYou'll meet that goal, no problem!
All the best for 2010!!
Vanessa
Wow, 78 pounds in five months. You are a rock star bandster! Your goals sound fantastic, and I'm sure the last 40 pounds will be a faint memory by this time next year.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time with your girlfriends and Happy 2010!
Happy New Years, we all have so much to look forward to in 2010.
ReplyDeleteHappy New! I look forward to running a 5K too! So excited to see you continue your successes!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a fun night!!! It sounds like you will... and I hope 2010 brings you everything you wish for.
ReplyDeleteMwah
Cara
Happy New Year Jen!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a lap band super women :) You are such an inspiration to me :)
http://betterbanded.blogspot.com/
Sounds like you had a rough yet amazing year! So exciting to join the dating world with you!!!
ReplyDelete