How I'm Doing

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Update on Measurements

Catherine gave me some really great advice just before I had my surgery. It was to take my measurements. So the night before I went in for the lovely five incisions on my stomach to receive the present of my new best friend, my mother measured me. Since surgery I've lost 84.75 inches. That is over 7 feet! That is insane...


It's a nice reminder of where I was and where I am now! p.s. the downside is that I'm reminded everyday I look at the sagging skin that used to be filled by that fat. Ah well, I'd rather be where I am now!!



6-Aug 1-Sep
Calf 17.5 14.25 3.25
Calf 17.5 14.25 3.25
Thigh 28.75 20 8.75
Thigh 28.75 20 8.75
Hips 54.5 42.5 12
Abs 54 41 13
Waist 44.5 33.5 11
Bust 46.75 36 10.75
Upper Arm 15 10.5 4.5
Upper Arm 15 10.5 4.5
Neck 16.5 13 3.5
Wrist 7 6.25 0.75
Wrist 7 6.25 0.75
84.75

19 comments:

  1. Very very very awesome! I love that the most is from your waist b/c that is the best place health wise to lose it plus, gives me hope b/c that is where i need to lose it most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...WOW!! Ok...I need to go check what my measurements are now! You have inspired me! Oh and also, way to go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, I need to take my measurements again...maybe they will help get my head in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome... look how skinny minny your arms are!! And I'm jealous of your calves.. you can wear tall boots with no problem!! xo,js

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, I am glad Catherine gave you that advice.

    I'm with the other gals, I'm still in what can generously be termed the: athletically thick calf range (BWHAHAHAHAHA). Fashionable boots are not yet an option for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so amazing!! AND, your calves are at 14.25, which means that this winter, you're wearing pretty much any designer's boots you want!! WOOT! I go on LBT all the time to advise newbies to take their measurements and before photos. I really wish I would have taken more before pics in advance of surgery.

    Congratulations on more than SEVEN feet of loss!! That is just crazy, and you look amazing. :) Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! I am being banded in 3 weeks, and am definitely planning on taking thorough measurements and lots of before pictures before I start my pre-op diet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh holy cow. There are some fantastic losses there. Go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... great reminder! It is probably time for me to do some measurements again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I am totally jealous of those thigh and calf measurements! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Fabulous! You rock, girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. 84??? You look so great! I wish I has taken my measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That really is amazing! Makes me wish I'd been keeping track of mine all along!

    ReplyDelete