How I'm Doing

Friday, September 17, 2010

So incredibly sad

I woke up at 3am this morning for no reason. Didn't have to go to the bathroom, in fact I had to force my eyelids open in order to stand. For some reason, I can only think someone from above, I decided to check my computer. It was there that I learned of the death of a very amazing man. My college band director, the man I chose my college for had a massive heart attack at the age of 57 while en-route to what is undoubtedly their biggest performance. They are playing halftime at the Michigan/Mass game this Saturday. I can't even begin to describe this man's influence in the college marching activity. He is one of the best teachers I've known and has sent many into the world to follow in his footsteps. I would never have met about 400 of my closest friends if not for him.

I cannot imagine how the band is feeling this morning. They have decided to forge on and perform on Saturday. He would've expected nothing less. It's a sad day for me and many of my friends. I ask you to keep his family and the band in your prayers today and on Saturday.

Love you guys,
Jen



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

17 comments:

  1. So sorry Jen... My thoughts and prayers are with them, but with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awful, I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts are with you and your extended band family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry... I know how influential marching band can be. He will be watching their performance, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sad. I'm sorry you lost someone so important in your life. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen - big hugs to you right now. How Sad... I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about this. He sounds like a wonderful person who influenced and brought a lot of good into many others' lives -- including yours. Am sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will definitely keep his family and extended family (you and all the students he touched) in my thoughts and prayers. 57 is too freakin young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your friends in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen so sorry for your loss! I will keep you and everyone who loved him in my thoughts and prayers xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry Jen - I'll be thinking of you and his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry-- what a tragic loss-- and too soon clearly...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a band and choir total geek..I so understand the impact of great teacher's in your life...so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww....so sorry to hear this. That's too too young. Hang in there, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete