How I'm Doing

Monday, June 21, 2010

O.M.G.

Wow. Ouch and did you know mountain climbers SUCK!


Boot camp was hard. I showered when I got home and my hands are shaking as I type. But, it was fun. Stacy is amazing. All she wants is for you try! Trying is really hard.


You start with running about .25 mile to an area of the sidewalk in the park. Then you get in plank position and do push ups, then squat thrusts, then run .25 mile around the playground. Then push up position, squats, high knees, then run .25 mile. Then more and more and more and more and more and more. So hard. Mountain climbers...really? SO HARD. Running after doing mountain climbers. OUCH.


Tomorrow is going to hurt. But, I'm glad that I get to go back on Wed. (Okay, not really but I'm going!!)


Oh. BTW. I resigned from my job today. My official last day is July 9th and I'm thrilled with the new opportunity I have. I'm the new Head of Learning and Development for a large investment bank here in the city. Ironically, my new office building is connected to my old one! I start on July 19th, so I'll have a nice staycation in between. It's an amazing opportunity and I'm really excited about it. So hard to leave the people that I work with, but my goal has always been to head a function and now I'm gonna!! YEAH!!


Seriously...hands are shaking from push ups. ;-)

23 comments:

  1. I know that feeling...weel done and congrats on the new job!!! Sounds exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on the new gig! That's fantastic! I wonder which bank...

    As for Boot Camp, holy cow that sounds difficult. I tried to do a boot camp in Central Park before my wedding. Lasted two days. Worst pain EVER.

    But you're in great shape and you will be taut and tight in no time. Keep up the good work! (And maybe get some Tiger Balm.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Jen!!! I will answer your email but wanted to say a public congrats too-- we will make that pool plan soon... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job! And on making it through the boot camp session - sounds brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are officially a BAD ASS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job and on completing boot camp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new job - that's fabulous. I'm impressed by your boot camp dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on new job and boot camp. You're kicking ass and taking names. It's nice you get a break in between jobs. Your official last day is the same as (hopefully auth willing) the date of my surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome news on the new job.. congratulations! As for boot camp...keep at it...it's only gotta get easier....right? mmm, not so sure myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job - sounds amazing!!! And good for you on the exercise... I really think that it will make a difference for you in so many ways... yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new job! And awesome job with boot camp too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new job!! Boot Camp sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the newjob!! It sounds like a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *YAY* Go Jenn! Things are going great for you, new job and boot camp, so exicting! I wish we lived closer so we could do boot camp together, I'm scared to do it alone lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the new job!!!! That is awesome news. You are gonna be so sore on Wed. so drink lots and lots of water and take some motrin!! It's awesome feeling to push your body like that though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME!!!! On both Boot Camp and the new job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go on both your kick azz workout and your new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, yeah you! the class sounds amazing and like it will really change your body! and congrats on the new position!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm exhausted reading about boot camp! Better you than me. :) I'm still a few weeks out from surgery so I haven't got to the "I need to exercise (hard and kill myself) phase yet. :)

    CONGRATS on the new job! How exciting to have a few weeks off during the transition. Gives you time to rest up between boot camp sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa! Congrats on the new gig Miss Bad Ass! That's awesome!

    I'm thinking I might sign up for a boot camp class here in the fall and even after that description I still want to!

    You still are seriously one of my biggest inspirations! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your new position...sounds impressive.
    But just as impressive is your performance at Boot Camp...way to go girl...keep up the excellent work.
    I agree "bad ass" is the appropriate term here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. New job = Fantastic! You go girl...and that Boot CAmp workout sounds like a killa!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just catching up on the blogs! Congratulations on the new job! That's major!

    ReplyDelete