How I'm Doing

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Checking In

So I'm taking Sarah's lead and checking in on the weekly goals I set for myself on Monday.

  • Drink 100 ounces of water everyday - I don't think I got to 100 ounces yesterday but I drank more water Monday than I have in a long time. That would be due to boot camp!
  • No wine or alcoholic beverages until Friday (some of you must be like "Really Jen, you can't last until Friday?" But I live in NYC, where EVERYTHING is done over drinks. This week, I plan to live the solitary life of boot camp and practicing my music for drum corps  - Happy to say that I haven't had anything but water and a diet dr. pepper this week!
  • Go to boot camp M, W, F. Get your a$$ kicked, push yourself and ENJOY it - Went Monday. Am in so much pain today, but that good "I clearly worked my body out" kind of pain. Scared for what tonight will bring. It's 91 degrees and we're heading to the sun in Central Park. We were instructed to bring one gallon jugs of water that we will be using as medicine balls. And for every person that forgets their jug, we have to do 25 squat thrusts. Let me just say I was tempted to buy extra jugs for people. ;-)
  • Get back to band basics. Heavy protein, healthy food choices. Fruit and veggies. - I bought cherries at Whole Foods this weekend and didn't realize until I got my receipt that the total for the bag was $9.30. Needless to say I be eating a lot of cherries this week!! I've had a banana everyday to try and combat any potential charlie horses from the boot camp.
  • No ICE CREAM - This is a no brainer.
  • No chocolate at work. I am allowed my peppermint patty treat at home - I did have a bit of a party with the peppermint patties in my freezer last night. Had three for a total of 150 calories, so not a ton of damage, but did I really need the one that I had at 10:30? I think not.
I'll update you all if I'm still alive tonight on how my second session of boot camp goes. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how it goes... remember that your muscles weigh more AND with all that water, you might not see loss immediately but you're doing right by your body and you'll see it! You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I even miss that you had set goals!? I'm so behind on everyone's blogs! This is such a good idea! I totally need to get back on track and do this!

    Thanks for the reminder on the water! I have my big 32 ounce water bottle sitting on my desk and haven't taken a sip of it ALL DAY! Yikes!

    Have fun at boot camp tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the goals and wow good luck tonight!!! It is scorching out there!!!

    I totally would be bringing the extra jugs ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you're kickin ass on these goals. I am so impressed by you sticking with boot camp. I dropped out of one in 2001 in the park, run by a former Navy SEAL. I've never been in such pain in my whole life. The fiance had to get me out of bed because my abs hurt too much to move.

    In short, it sounds like you're doing a lot better in this than I did. YAY JENNY!

    And oh, those frozen Peppermint Patties are killers, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, just discussing Peppermint Patties is painful. I'm still on purees and I just bet they would melt in my mouth...ahh.

    Way to go on the Boot Camp! I can't imagine drinking that much water...Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the one...I couldn't remember which blogger I followed early on who always allowed herself 2 mini peppermint patties per night. I do that every single night after dinner...one is on my night stand as I sit and type...we're soul sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're the one...I couldn't remember which Blogger I followed from the very beginning who always allowed herself 2 mini-peppermint patties per day. I adopted that practice and there's a mini sitting on my nightstand as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job keeping up with your goals!

    ReplyDelete