Boot camp is without a doubt, the hardest thing I've ever done...in my life. And I did drum corps. Just to loop you in to the drum corps thing. Imagine, blazing heat of Mississippi in the summer. Imagine rehearsing outside from 8am to 6pm, then doing a show. And on non-show days rehearsing from 8am to 11pm. Everyday from June through August 15th. Then imagine being in the front ensemble so lugging percussion equipment from a truck to a field to a truck to a field and on and on. Then imagine sleeping in a sleeping bag on a gym floor, or in a cramped bus seat. Again, after rehearsing in the blazing sun all day. Now...imagine boot camp being one hour long and harder than all of that. UGH!
Tonight, we ran to the site carrying our 1 gallon jugs of water. We immediately started doing squats holding the gallon of water straight in front of us. After doing a ton of those, we put the jugs down and did push ups for 30 seconds. It's all a dizzy memory to me, but I do remember (and this just ended 45 minutes ago) that we did duck walks (imagine squatting and then walking) 50 yards. Then reverse bear crawled back 50 yards. We did that 4 times...ouch. I couldn't finish it. I tried with all of my might. It was just so hard. We then did lunges, so many lunges. Then we did dips, where your triceps are holding your entire body up on a bench while you dip down. We ended the workout by doing 50 squat thrusts (I'm pretty sure I did 4), because two people were late for the workout. Oh and here was the killer part. We did these things where you stand up, feet apart. Then walk out into a push up position, then staying in the push up position, you lower yourself onto your forearms, then back to your hands, then walk yourself back up and do it all over again. She mentioned something about meeting near a hill on Friday. I'm pretty sure there were tears, and I'm pretty sure they were from me. Ha. Just kidding about that part.
Here's the deal, I felt bad about myself near the end because I did have to give up a couple of times. I just couldn't physically do it. I questioned whether I couldn't do it, or was I just not trying. Then I walked home and as I walked with my one gallon jug, I had to catch myself a few times because my knees kept buckling. Weirdly that made me feel better because if I'm that physically exhausted then I clearly pushed myself and honestly to me that is all that matters!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG this sounds so hard! And I was just feeling sorry for my sore muscles after a regular trip to the weight room....nothing compared to your workout!
ReplyDeleteDon't feel bad! You made it to the end without passing out/puking/walking away. That is VICTORY! Good for you!
AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I am so proud of you!!! I know how freaking hard Boot Camp is -- I seriously almost hurled and passed out during my first one at PPBC. But, it gets easier quickly. And, you will be blown away by how amazing it makes your body look!! Hang in there. I do know how impossible it seems, but you made it through tonight, and you're just going to get stronger and better with every class. WAY TO GO!! WOOT!!!!! :D
ReplyDeleteSeriously - I'm not kidding. I took a nap while reading this cuz the thought of that much work made me exhausted. Jesus - you have got to be proud of yourself for getting through that. I know I am.
ReplyDeleteGirl... Just you going and sticking it out for the majority of it is a great accomplishment! I'm exhausted just hearing about it and I work out with a trainer 3x a week!!! I know of some of those crazy moves you speak of!! It's bound to get better! You are a rockstar!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy does this sound familiar. The bear crawls are HORRIBLE. Jenny, just hang in there. Try to schedule a massage for yourself. Drink lots of water. Advil. I'm cheering you on all the way from G-town. xoxo
ReplyDeleteIm with Draz, I got starting yawning reading the post and I admire for you for going as far as you did. It motivated me to keep up the goals I set for myself this week.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a serious ass kicker. Your body will get used to it and you will be in the most amazing shape ever!!! I am jealous, maybe I need to find a boot camp nearby. Congrats on doing it, showing up and working hard...that is the hard part!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have nightmares about this tonight. :o
ReplyDeleteI almost started crying reading that! J/k, but seriously...holy shit. You better not feel bad about not being able to finish only a couple things out of that entire workout. First of all, you went back. That's big accomplishment number 1. Secondly, you did finish.
ReplyDeleteI need a nap now just from thinking about everything you did.
Wow. You are my hero. That sounds insane. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteso you know the other day I said I wished we lived closer so we could do boot camp together?? well after reading this post I retract that statement- there is no way in hell I could make it though that. I am so proud of you for sticking through it, the results are going to be AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing Amazing!!Keep it up, your my role model xo
ReplyDeleteWooooowww. Scared of that! Sounds a little like the Jillian Micheals DVD. Ouch! You should be so proud that you even finished it. I'm proud for you!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it ridiculous and kinda funny that we are so happy to have the jelly legs feeling? I get it after almost EVERY session with my trainer. Not sure if he's really good and I'm working hard, or I'm just a wuss.
ReplyDeleteThanks for Mac tip but unless Mac came with photoshop I don't have it...is there other software innate to Mac that would allow me to do what u describe?
ReplyDeleteIt sounds super hard, but you did it! Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteYou kick ass!! You rock!! You are amazing!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so good - I have no doubt that you are physically exhausted. There really is only so much body can take - but over the next week or so you will notice being able to the things you couldn't before. That is the best part!
The hill?! Wait until you get to the stairs with you gallon or the volleyball court with bags to fill with sand - FUN!!! <3
You are my hero is all I have to say!!!
ReplyDeleteHey girl-- just saying thx for the comment and that I owe you an email! SOrry I've been an email flake, but I am at a moment where I am sending very few emails and have gotten out of "johnny on the spot" email answers!!
ReplyDeleteWe will make that pool plan-- perhaps that will be the best time to talk about the developments that you have questions about !!
That's awesome! You make me want to sign up! Sounds like you did do super though!!!
ReplyDelete