And, it wasn't as hard as I expected. I was dreading going. In fact, I ran out of the office at 5:15 knowing that if I didn't I wouldn't go. I got to the gym, changed and set off on day one of the 5k program. I completed it, and 35 minutes later had a check mark next to workout number one.
I ate well today. Ate all of my points. Snacks were fruit, cucumbers/hummus and a zone bar. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, turkey burger sans bun and salad for dinner.
So...some of your questions answered.
Sherry - I completely hear you. When I got banded I thought I'll never have to "diet" again. Never have to think about it because I can eat whatever I want, this band thing will help with moderation. At the end of the day, I wasn't eating a ton of food to gain some of this weight back. I was eating the wrong foods. Quesadillas with sour cream and quac, chips, fatty foods. Doing WW isn't so much about a diet for me, but a way to get the right foods in me. Foods to fuel me rather than make me feel like crap! I also hear you on the looseness of my band. Prior to Xmas, I was getting stuck often after not having gotten stuck in a while. Since Xmas I haven't been stuck once and am hungry. I plan to make an appointment tomorrow for an esophogram and a fill. I am truly interested to see where my band is from a tightness perspective. p.s. I miss you!! My sister from afar. ;-)
Amy - Two pictures included below. The first is Dan and I about three weeks ago. We look rosy...I think that's happiness. ;-) The second is his abs...
Okay...I'm kidding, that's actually a celebrity's abs. AS IF I'm actually going to put a half naked picture of my boyfriend on the internet. ;-) I will admit though, his body does look strikingly similar to this.
One more thing...a reminder for you and me of where I started. I think this is helpful every once in a while.
Still more work to do, but I've got a really good start!
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You look sooo happy! Which makes me so happy for you! Good job on the workout!!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of you! So happy and so beautiful!!! Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go with that workout! :) PS: he's a hottie!
ReplyDeleteY'all look so happy! And thanks for the yummy ab shot...even if it isn't your guy's abs. LOL. You're off to a great start this year!
ReplyDeleteDO IT! or fine...you may just send it to me via email or facebook. That will suffice! You look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. I've used 2011 as a strange year of settling in and not doing what I need to do. I want to lose 40 pounds this year...there's strength in numbers. You've been one of my heros since the beginning, I'm proud of you for refocusing, now...send some of your magic mojo my way!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I love your hair -- and Dan is adorable!! Nice abs... celeb or not! :) Miss you and hope to see you soon! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou look great! and happy! What a great picture!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful...and happy!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous....and he is sure handome! You look so happy and I'm glad you are back...I've missed you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful looking couple. I couldn't be happier for you.
ReplyDeleteAs far as a great start, it's more...the worst is so behind you.