Ooh, I've been a horrible blogger! Between the new job (which is going well) and the practicing for drum corps, it's been pretty crazy.
I leave on Friday for Chicago. Girls weekend, there are six of us total, to visit my lovely bff Helen. I'll be there until Monday and then head to Indianapolis. Our schedule for the week is pretty insane. Rehearsals starting on Tuesday from 9am-9pm, Wednesday pretty much the same with a performance Wednesday at 10pm. Thursday same with a dress rehearsal at Lucas Oil stadium. Rehearsal all day Friday, performance Friday night Lucas Oil. So fun! I cannot wait, but at the same time am so afraid for it to get here because then it will be over. This is a truly once in a lifetime experience.
On the band side: Had a fill (a much needed fill) last Wed. Got .2 and it went well. Everything seemed just fine, I had good restriction. Then came Sunday. Got my (.) and the $hit hit the fan. Couldn't drink my iced coffee in the morning. Got stuck. Got some nuts in (once liquid) in the afternoon. Couldn't eat dinner, but managed a yogurt and a bit of hummus. Could sip water. Monday ate just fine. The fill + the (.) restriction has gotten me back to a normal bandster eating level. I'm feeling good and down to 176. I really want to be 175 by Friday, so here's hoping the scale keeps moving in a good direction.
As I re-read that paragraph I realize that I'm not quite getting across how incredibly miserable I was on Sunday. The level of restriction that I had was way too tight and I felt awful. The inability to get anything in was frustrating. What I've realized about this band is that it is just entirely unpredictable. ALL OF THE TIME. What you have to figure out and what you can control is your behavior and what you decide to do about it. This weekend is my one year bandiversary. It took me this long to figure out that I don't have to eat if I can't. Meaning, I had dinner plans Sunday night with two girlfriends. I was miserable and couldn't eat so I didn't order anything. It was like the heavens opened up and God spoke to me. He said "You don't have to order food nor eat to be social". It was a whole new world. I was able to enjoy my friends, despite feeling awful, and I didn't have to eat. Sounds like common sense, but in reality it seemed like a huge win and a lesson to remember forever.
I'm completely over the misery. Went to dinner tonight, ordered an appetizer (sweet corn and goat cheese empanada), ate 1/2. Perfectly satisfied.
Hope you are all great. I'm keeping up on blogs, but don't want to comment from work, so I'm pretty silent lately. I cannot wait for Chicago with those of you ladies that are going. It's coming soon!!!
xoxo
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jenny..thanks so much for your comment..I was late to my appt and must have just got there after you left. I think i got .6 put in, but I honestly don't think it was enough (though to be fair, I also wasn't practicing good eating) I have an appt tomorrow that i scheduled awhile back that i'm going to go to and get a lil tweak. Do you know could I have messed up my fill by not being very good on the liquids/mushies? ok, sorry for the long post but thank you SO much for checking in on me..I cannot wait to get together soon..you are one of my band idols!! Hope the new job is going well! btw, noticed your 1yr anniversary is coming up!! yay1!
ReplyDeleteWhen I posted, I didn't even realize this was a fresh post..I thought it was the last one! I'm so glad the job is going well and am excited for your trip and hope everything goes great. Hope you enjoy your friends and that the performance goes great. sounds like your fill had pluses and minuses...I am definitely still trying to figure out my band..glad though that thinks post last fill have seemed to have gotten to a good spot. and happy 1 yr again. you are a superstar!
ReplyDeleteAck! Yeah, I have to agree, these bands of our surely keep us on our toes. One day tight, the next not. Glad the fill has settled though - bet you were thinking, uh oh, I might need an un-fill.
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your girls time away. Sounds like fun!!
Can you drink when you're too tight? I can't remember the time that I was too tight and whether I was able to drink alcohol... but the worst for me was being unable to take pills. I have to take several pills a day as maintenance for a couple of 'issues' of mine-- and being unable to take pills is the deal-breaker for me.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had an 'aha' moment about being social without food- it still sounds sucky though.
I promise I will email you- sorry I've been remiss-- busy with my new job but I want you to come to the pool!!!
The misery sounds truly awful but I'm glad you're over it now and back to eating like the successful bandster you are.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a totally exciting couple of weeks coming up - enjoy every second of the drum corps adventure. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it over a glass of wine (or a margarita - I'm open-minded that way).
Have FUN!
ick that sounds horrible! I started my (.) this week too and notice that I get super tight that week, its the worst feeling. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has tighter weeks then others. Your girls weekend in Chicago and drum corps sound like they are going to be so much fun! I can't wait to see pics when you get back. xxoo
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are at a good restriction level and that the frustration has ended! I am so excited for your performance - I wish it was closer to here - I would totally go and watch! I miss that feeling you get right before you go on, that rush of adrenaline! <3
ReplyDeleteI am very excited for you - Drum Corps is awesome! I wish I could see the show. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteSunday sounds terrible but you made a bad situation a learning experience. The band keeps us on our toes, for sure! Mine is behaving well again and I'm happy about it! I think my problem was simply hormones. (and a rice cake - never again!)
Sounds like you are gonna have an amazing time! Can't wait to hear the deets and see all the pics! Here's to 175 baby!
ReplyDeleteI'd love an entire post so I can understand this Drum Corp thing. I think I mentioned before that I graduated from West Chester University with a degree in music. Drum and Bugle Corps. were HUGE and I had many buddies in the Crossmen and some other sort of local corps. I gew up near Allentown, PA and was a bando all my life and would always go to the competitions at the fairgrounds in the summer. Is this the same league that you are in??? What's the name of your Corp.?
ReplyDeleteI've been that miserable many times--- know exactly how you feel! The band is a finicky B*! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's been so hard keeping up on blogs this summer so I'm trying to get a bunch of reading done on some of my favorites - and yours is definitely one of them. I had to laugh about your dinner experience. I feel so funny just ordering soup or an appetizer when everybody else is ordering a meal. I'm still a newbie and hoping I can get over this feeling soon or I'm going to have a hell of a lot of leftovers.
ReplyDelete