How I'm Doing

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to the land of the living...

Hey All -


I'm really sad today. I flew home this evening from my week with the drum corps, and let me say leaving 180 people and coming home to an empty apartment is pretty shattering. I miss my other family so badly, I think this might take a bit to get over. I have a lot to write, but have been pretty teary today, so I'm going to hold off until tomorrow. For now, I thought I'd share one quick video of a part of our performance on Friday. It was without a doubt, one of the highlights of my life. Performance


I had huge NSV's this week, mostly involving confidence and cute boys, I promise to share. My band is tight as a glove. Turns out that in addition to being affected by my (.), stress, morning, etc, it is also wildly averse to heat. Huh.


Missed you all. Getting caught up on blogs now.
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you are sad. We missed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's always hard to leave something great and go back to reality. The performance was amazing.
    I'm glad to hear cute boys were involved.
    The heat this summer has really affected my band too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww lovie- i'm sorry your sad, but am glad your back! I missed you lots! I'm sure puppy missed you lots too! Now make me proud and go find jessica simpson @ dos caminos! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was that you in front to the left of the conductor stand? Regardless, AMAZING performance. So glad it was a stellar experience for you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are sad right now. It's understandable especially after looking forward to something huge for so long.


    I can't wait to hear more about it, though! I loved the video--thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My computer is being wonky about videos, but I heard the beginning... sounded very amazing. It is definitely bittersweet b/c of the great time you obviously had. Once you re-group, looking forward to hearing back about all the nsv's and the boyz of course.
    :-)

    PS: Could you be looking forward to a visit to the pool this weekend? Not sure if we made that a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you had a wonderful time! I know that coming home can be a total let-down after a great trip, but you'll be feeling better soon. Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get the being sad thing... but what amazing work and I'm sure, friends too... great job! Makes me miss the days of marching band... hang in there and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Thanks for posting the video - I totally saw you rockin' it in the pit! I am sorry that you are missing your friends already, but I totally understand. The whole process takes a lot of time and commitment. You spend so much time together - they really are like family! I can't wait to hear about these cute boys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need to hear boy-related NSVs, by the way. Stat!

    ReplyDelete