How I'm Doing

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Never Cured

It's been a really interesting week for me. My neighbor is moving, so I feel like we've got out to dinner each night this week as if we're never going to see eachother again. This, plus starting the new job and having free lunches everyday has led to massive overeating. Now, I realize that "massive overeating" has been redefined for us, but it still happens and still has major consequences.


Yesterday I had an iced coffee and luna bar for breakfast. Had a bowl of clam chowder and 1/2 a small crab cake for lunch. Then had ribs for dinner. I opted for a side salad as opposed to a carb, but I got about 8 baby back ribs in before I decided to stop. Oh, and two glasses of wine. I definitely feel like I've lost restriction. Again, it happened overnight. In fact, just before starting my job I remember thinking to myself "Wow, my restriction is perfect". And then overnight, GONE. 


I have a fill next Wed night. Unfortunately I scheduled it the night my friends band is playing just across the river in New Jersey. I had planned to go, but this fill is too important to me. I'm about 4 pounds above my ticker and that is just UNACCEPTABLE. So, that's my moral folks. I got to the point where I felt pretty good about myself, great restriction, feeling skinny, not sick. Then I opened my mouth, ate and didn't have the mental control to stop myself. While we have this band (that I love), it is unfortunately NOT attached to our brains. This is the first time in this journey where I feel like I've truly been at a loss in dealing with the head hunger. Hoping I can get my head back on track so that I can start feeling better. August 7th is coming quickly and that's my one year. I really hoped (and still do) that I could get to 175 by then.

11 comments:

  1. I hear you.. why can't they invent a brain band!.. so you had a bit of a bumpy week.. DO NOT LOSE SIGHT of what you have achieved.. 100+ pounds is incredible... and you know your body best.. and 175 is within reach.. GO GET IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head Hunger sucks and it always gets us when we start to feel great about ourselves...but you have noticed the signs and that is step number one...you will get there...I just know it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd! Doesn't this band cause a prob sometimes. I hate the fact one day we can't eat anything much then the next we eat for our country. Just remember how great you've done so far, chickadee. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a handle on it Jenny and know what to do. You can still reach your goal and even if you miss it by a few lbs you have accomplished so much and have every reason to be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This too shall pass. Don't beat yourself up. I have had these moments too- and while you are much more experienced than I am in terms of the band, what works for me is ONE good day of really being on 'band track.' Think of it as a 911 day for your band-- make a food plan that is very light, and stick with it, you'll feel physically AND mentally in control. That's what I've found. You've inspired me to post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, I'm sorry your restriction has abandoned you when you need it most - job transition! I'm guessing the fill will give you the backup you need to get things back on track and you'll be coasting down the scale again in no time.

    On a separate note, I am so sorry but I can't come to brunch today. My sister-in-law called to say they got an earlier start than she had previously told me. This means she, my parents and the three kids are arriving at my house about 90 minutes earlier than expected. Which would be around 2 pm, so I'll never make it. I'm really disappointed, and I'm sorry to cancel at the last minute, I never like to do that to someone.

    I hope you all have a great time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh brain band - that would be cool!

    I agree, don't beat yourself up. You are a total inspiration!

    Keep on rockin baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what Jenny? Its ok to fall off the wagon from time to time as long as you know you need and want to get back on. You've only been fighting this particular weight loss battle for a relatively short time. Its normal and natural to not be perfect all the time. The band is a tool that we work and even with perfect restriction, we still have to make the right choices. But what human makes the right choices ALL the time? Not me! You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't beat yourself up. Stay calm, keep the eating under control until your fill and then just start there with a clean slate. Maybe one day on just protein shakes to kick things into gear.
    Hang in there pop tart...you're still me hero.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On your bad day your eating looks good compared to mine lately!! You will get back on track and get to that goal, easy peasy. You are doing so well and I know your fill will help! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know Ive been thinking that same thing. Lately it just seems like I can eat WAY more than I was for a really long time !! I think it's time for a tweek. I remember Dr. Ren saying that as the fat melts from around your stomach ( which might be faster than the rest of you) the band losens...so maybe you hit one of those ??

    ReplyDelete