I've never gotten into therapy. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a proponent of it for other people ;-) but with the exception of a visit once after my father died, I've never gone again. I think this has been a misstep in my journey. There are clearly issues I've had with food that I haven't explored and I think that taking that step will help me to work this tool even better. I want to figure out how to eat in a healthy way even if this band decides to fail me. I don't want to get back to the place where my band misfires and I suddenly gain 30 pounds.
So, that's the serious part of today's blog entry - Jen is finding a therapist! Now to the other stuff...
MY FRIGGING TRAINER CANCELLED ON ME!!!!!!!! So here's the deal - in bullets because I'm bored and this blog needs a touch of excitement.
- He's a friend (he's a master trainer) but a friend and as a result, he trains me at a discount and likely feels I'm easier to cancel then a "real" client. I get this because he's also been easier for me to cancel on then a "real" trainer.
- He had something come up and I completely understand that. He doesn't cancel on me often.
- I did not want to train today. In fact I almost cried leaving the office at the mere thought of putting on workout clothes and going into the park. I had a headache. I had a stressful day at work.
- I was happy when he cancelled. I was relieved. I was also angry, not at him, but at the knowledge that working out tonight would have been one more step to a healthier me and also one more step to me getting into the routine.
- But...this is all about good decisions right? So, I didn't hop in a cab. I didn't jump on the subway. I walked the 2.2 miles home and I did it at a clip. I sweat, I was gross. My headache went away and I was proud.
- I immediately made an appointment with him for tomorrow, Friday and Sunday.
- It poured after I got home.
I weighed in today. Monday's are the official weigh in day. I'm down five pounds since last Sunday!
Had a great day, this eating thing is becoming a new good habit.
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries. Iced coffee with coffeemate
- Salad with lowfat goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and grilled chicken. Ate about 1/2 the restaurant size salad
- Another iced coffee with coffeemate
- Cucumber with 2 ounces of hummus
- Grilled chicken with stir fry veggies and two fajita size double-fiber tortillas (45 calories each) with greek yogurt and salsa
- Banana


I can totally relate. I got off track for awhile...I didn't gain a ton (maybe 4 lbs) but I felt HORRIBLE, I felt mentally unhealthy and out of control, thankfully I've gotten back on track for the most part, but I can't work out right now and I'm retaining a lot of fluid and that's making me a little depressed which makes me want to eat...so it's a balancing act right now. I know I have issues with food as well. I have been seeing a therapist since February, we actually haven't approached my "food issues" yet because between my work issues and my relationship history we've had plenty to talk about!! :) sounds like you are getting back on track, congrats on the 5 lbs!
ReplyDeleteI have gained back 17 lbs due to band slippage and am freaked right out. I went immediately back to old habits as soon as my band was empty. SO I am trying to be very strict with my diet and keep on track. It sucks.. Love your meal plan gave me some ideas. Thanks,
ReplyDeleteWOOT!!! Check you out being so awesome!! Love it that you got in a long walk when your trainer cancelled and that you're back in the groove on food already! And, as a serious fan of therapy, I super love that you're planning to go. It's done a lot for me -- just having a safe place to talk about things you don't want repeated (or even just remembered by a friend) is pretty awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to finish out your day! Great job! So impressed with how you've been able to throw yourself back into the healthy lifestyle. I've never been to therapy myself but like you, I'm a big proponent for other people. ;o) If you think it will help, go for it!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great! Good job choosing to walk home when your training session got cancelled.
ReplyDeleteYou are so not alone. I have gained a good 15 lbs, maybe more. I have also been in therapy since before I had my band. I will also say, I think I have only gained 15 lbs over the past 4+ months of empty band. Pre-band, pre-therapy, I would probably have gained most of my weight back in 4 months. I would have spent my days binge eating (still happens once in a while) but not now. Best of luck with therapy... make sure you find the right person too. I had 3 previous therapists before I found my current perfect match.
ReplyDelete5 lbs is amazing in such a short amount of time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very proud of you.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Good luck with the therapy...I wish I had that courage to face those demons.