How I'm Doing

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Doo Doo Doo

Did I mention that I got promoted? So, I started my new job at the investment bank I work at a year ago, and my only concern (I love my job) was that I didn't really have a next move there. My boss was happy, I didn't see her leaving. Well, long story short, she did in June and I was promoted to her job. It means I'm responsible for a lovely team of seven people covering all of Le.arn.ing and De.velo.pment, Tal.ent Ma.nag.ement, Leade.rship De.velopm.ent, Org.aniz.ation Dev.elop.ment and Recrui.ting for our C.am.pus talent. (Y'all have me paranoid about coming up in a search, hence the code). Amazing. I feel very lucky to have found a big organization (200k + employees) that acts just like the small one that I worked for. I have great friends at work, amazing autonomy and have so far built great credibility so we get to create new things at work everyday. I am very blessed and feel so lucky.


That being said...this is also the place that has a million work events every week, food everywhere and vendors that send us food every Christmas! This is a key reason why I gained 30+ pounds in the year that I've been there.


BUT...I'm feeling very back. And by back, I mean back in the groove, in control, feeling good. I had a work event tonight. I had wine, and made good decisions. They had salmon or filet. I hate salmon, so I chose the filet. It came with potatoes and these amazing green beans. There was a tiny bit of a wine sauce on the steak. I had about 1/3rd of the steak. A few of the beans. None of the potatoes. They served cheesecake for dessert. STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE. I took my fork and raked through the side of it. Maybe about 1/2 of a bite. It was yummy, I had no desire for more. It was fantastic. Knowing that I could once again be in control over the food instead of the food controlling me.


Tomorrow is a workout day and I have dinner/drinks with two girlfriends from work, which means I'm up at 6:30 to walk in the park. Did I mention YUCK? But, I facilitate all day and imagine that walking in the morning will wake me up before I do, so the alarm is set and I'm raring to go. Sort of. ;-)


Hope you are all great!

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when everything is clicking and good choices don't feel that hard? I'm happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome on your promotion - would love to chat "work" someday as I am in HR Field (Training & Development and Recruiting)... Hoping to connect next week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the promotion! I work for a very large company that unfortunately acts like a very large company. *sigh*

    It sounds like you're doing so well with food and exercise. When everything's clicking, it just makes it all seem so much easier, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen - good to see you are hitting the reset button - I am as well.

    Congrats on the promotion. Just fyi - sometimes putting in the periods doesn't help, so you might want to change the actual wording.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations mama...that's fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete