How I'm Doing

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thank You!

You all are really amazing! I'm sorry that I skidded away from blogland for so long. While some of it is that this was a weight loss blog, and the fact is that for the better part of three months I've been stalled, I do also believe that a part of it is that I have been out and about in the world more often than usual. I used to hide out in my apartment. I'd come straight home from work and not go out and be with the people! Lately, I find myself out more. It's been fun and the confidence I have in losing 100+ pounds has certainly helped. All of that being said, I still want to lose more. I can do it, I've proven it can be done, I just need to focus on the task at hand!


On a crappy note..ya'll have probably heard that New York has received more snow lately than...well more than I've seen since living here. On Sunday, that snow met my face. I was coming home from doing laundry, pushing my cart across the street. It hit a snow bank and I topped over and flat on top of my cart. My right eyebrow bone hit the pavement (no scratches, but a nasty feeling bruise). My shins took the bulk of the fall. The wheels of the cart stabbed into both shins, and I feel as if a personal trainer took his/her vengance on me. Seriously sore muscles. This is all to say, I'm terrified to walk to work in the ice tomorrow! Maybe it's time to move back to Arizona?? ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall!!

    But I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl! Keep that pretty little face off the ground from now on!
    And I would fully support a move back to AZ! Although our weather is so crazy lately, the wind may blow you right over! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This snow has been killing me too...I'm not a fan. I was born and raised in NYC, and I really can't remember another winter as bad as this one (even the winter of 95-96, which they keep comparing this to...I just remember it being fun - I guess that's bc I was in high school!)

    I am hoping February will be a little bit lighter on us.

    Glad to see you blogging again, though - your blog is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds painful, hope that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Jen - sorry that you wiped out! But I'm glad you're okay, and I'm glad you're enjoying life in NYC - you deserve too!!! Hang in there... don't leave before I get up there to have brunch with ya'll!!! :-)

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, you poor girl. That's awful. Hope you're on the mend soon. And I *do not* support a move west. I'll fight AZ Jen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh Oh! Hope you heal quickly.... Stay warm in all that snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you heal quickly. That sounds awful!

    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch!! Sorry to hear about the spill, and am looking forward to catching up in person soon! Glad you're feeling motivated and psyched to be out & about. Have been doing lots of that lately, too. . hence the lack of blog posts! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dang, what a crazy fall! Glad you didn't get hurt too bad. Welcome back to blogland. I am glad you have been getting out more often though. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are back, but sorry to hear about your fall. You should see me walking in the snow or ice - I look like an 80 year old woman because I kind of shuffle along so I don't slip.

    ReplyDelete