How I'm Doing

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So This is My Life...

Note to my blogging friends, I am so pissed right now. Read further with caution.


Some of you who may have been reading my blog for a while read the story about when I went to Providence. Met up with a very old friend of mine from college (we're talking 20 year friendship) and we both let things cross the line that night. At the time, it was fun, wonderful, no regrets kind of night. A week later, he called wanting to pursue a relationship. Long story short, we planned a weekend together in Vermont for Halloween. He got scared, came up with an excuse and cancelled the weekend. I called him out on it, we did have a 20 year friendship on the line, and he admitted that the distance freaked him out. He had been engaged, and she broke it off claiming that the distance was too much. He didn't want to risk this amazing friendship that we had on a relationship that he thought wouldn't work due to the distance. I (because I like to play junior psychologist) said. "Okay, let me put on my friend hat and say if you don't figure out these issues that hold you back from real relationships (excuses like distance, an exam, etc) then you won't ever find happiness". S in his boyish idiotic wisdom emailed me in late November to thank me. Said that because of my great advice, he found a girl on eharmony that he started dating and owed it all to me.


Okay...Ladies, say it with me. WTF!!!! Why in the hell do you email the girl that you decided after saying that YOU wanted to pursue, NOT to pursue - that you were dating someone else. Do you honestly think I CARE?????????


Fast forward to tonight. I happen to be on facebook. I happen to see that he's engaged. REALLY? REALLY??? I cannot believe that I'm still single and this idiot who clearly does not know his ass from his elbow is engaged after TWO MONTHS!!!!! I'm so incredibly frustrated right now. It's absolutely unbelievable to me. UNBELIEVABLE!

21 comments:

  1. Hi...I feel your pain...when I was young my great friend asked me out on Valentine's Day and then backed out when he found someone better and they married right away. I saw them on FB again 15 years later...divorced, dysfunctional...it doesn't hurt me...because I'm glad fate protected me from a man and relationship like that. You hit it on the head when you said, "this idiot who clearly does not know his...from his..." Do you think he could be making a great choice? You will be fine. You are beautiful and funny and attractive. Don't forget that. I've been reading your blog but realized I wasn't a follower...You will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I honestly could not relate more....I was engaged last year (it's been almost exactly one year since I got engaged)....long story short the guy had major issues which we discussed in depth (sort of similar to you helping him realize he needed to overcome his issues), he ended up breaking off our engagement because of all his "issues" and now he's engaged to someone else (as of January). WHO GETS ENGAGED TWICE IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR???? so ya...I feel you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are better off without him as a boyfriend. I can't believe he is engaged already though...that's fast!

    You are so going to meet your Prince! He's out there, and when you meet him, you will be amazed that you even considered S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jennnnnny. Poor thing.

    I have to say, to me this just means you dodged a bullet. Clearly this guy doesn't have his shit together, and I'm glad he's gonna make his mistakes with you. That really sucks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Engaged??!?! Are you F-ing kidding me?!?! OMG. I totally know how you feel, since this happened to me, too. Total BS. I am so very sickened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I have soooo been there, and it sucks more than anything. Like everyone else said, just be happy you dodged this toxic little bullet (even though it is just infuriating right now). He is clearly too stupid to deserve a prize like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Horrible-- but honestly the good news is that you are not engaged to this guy. It would not be a lucky break because of his ambivalence... so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Men suck! I truly believe that women get married when they find the right person (at least who they think is the right person) but men get married to whoever they're with when they decide they're ready to get married. Period. So angry for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blood boiling right now. Seriously, I agree with Angie...you are better effing off without him.

    Seriously. Boys suck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DISGUSTING! I remember this story and giving this tool bag the benefit of the doubt, NO MORE! Thank god that weekend was cancelled! LOVE YOU!

    P.S Did Nic tell you we bought bus tix to NYC to come cuddle?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jen. I think we both know how this engagement will go. And honestly, better her than you.

    But still. SO FREAKING ANNOYING. HATE it.

    On another, more fun note, brunch March 20th? Joey and GIlly are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a freakin tool! WTF??

    Oh come on, I wanna do lunch on the 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh :( that sucks. I know how that feels, but I know that everything works out as it should too. Keep your chin up - he clearly didn't deserve you anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how you feel. Many guys I dated married the girl they dated after me. I was starting to think it was me. I realized it wasn't "me", it was the guys I was choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, Rushing into a relationship is usually a sure-fire recipe for disaster so at least you can take comfort in the idea that it won't last (especially when you consider his lack of relationship skills). Don't be too frustrated if you can avoid it.

    Consider looking for a mate like looking for a job. Start by networking. Tell all your friends you're looking. Ask them if they can think of anyone you'd be compatable with. Actively put yourself into situations where you can meet people. Join a singles group at church, synogauge, mosque, etc. Take a beer making or fly fishing class. If you try online dating, be prepared for a lot of "stinkers".

    This guy wasn't the right one for you. He sounds like he's kind of flaky anyway. Consider yourself lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gigantic shin kicks to this gigantic a-hole. Seriously, you are better off without him. I know there are probably moments where you don't feel that way, where you wish you had the opportunity, but truly, Jenny, you are the lucky one here. This guy can't be trusted with serious emotional business. Better to find out now than to find out later. He's a Douch-y McToolenstein.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry, sweetie. I will tell you what I tell my kids....things happen for a reason. There is someone out there who is so much better for you. Have faith my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WTF??!! Men suck sometimes. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry babydoll...he's truly not worthy of a woman of your caliber...he's a total tool and I'm pissed off on your behalf.
    I am sorry...tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Argh!!!!! So frustrating...I remember reading your post about this. I'm so sorry because you don't deserve this! I'm so glad you are back because have missed your posts..I'm definitely in for the 20th and so looking forward to seeing you...sounds like the job has been busy but hope it is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woah. What?!? Wow. That's nuts!
    What. The. Fuck. Indeed.

    ReplyDelete