How I'm Doing

Friday, February 12, 2010

Comparison Pictures

Hi All -

I'm super bored and unmotivated today, so I thought I'd do a comparison post. I weighed 196 this morning - one more pound until I reach the next goal. Hope it happens this weekend! Before I post the picture, update on my foot. I went to Dr. McSteamy yesterday, seriously...he is so gorgeous that I can't concentrate when he's all about touching my foot. He is about 6'3, with Patrick Dempsey hair and a deep deep voice. YUMMY! Anyway, I digress. He thinks I have tendinitis in my right foot. It's feeling better, but still have pain. He said no running for a week and a half and I'm on anti-inflammatories which I'll pick up today and see if they are too big to take. If so, i'll just cut them in half. He has in his head that it may be a stress fracture, but said it's in the back of his head and that if it doesn't feel better in a week and a half, he'll send me for an MRI. So, I'm hoping it will feel better!! Because I can't run, I'm going to bike tonight and see if that bothers me. I don't want to lose my cardio stamina just because I can't run.

This is a comparison shot from May of 2002. It was just before I started Weight Watchers and lost 128 pounds. When I lost 128 pounds I got to 186, that is 10 pounds from now!!

17 comments:

  1. Girl, you look absolutely fantastic! Really, just all kinds of happy and glow-y.

    As for the orthopedist, is his first name Jordan? My sister-in-law has a friend who's an orthopedist and she's always telling me how hot he is. Hope the foot is feeling better soon, injuries stink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing. What a difference. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, looking so great!
    Was your orthopaedist an NYU Doc? If so: who??? I know them all!!!

    Take the advice of the doc, the rest will do you good, I hope it is tendonitis and not a stress fracture...
    Other things that promote healing (RICE):
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression (ace bandage)
    Elevation

    Good luck and take it easy-- biking is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you look so good! I LOVE that dress from Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your arms are soooo skinny! Yes, YOU! too cute on the doc..mcsteamy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look WONDERFUL!

    Sorry to hear about your foot. Rest as much as you can. I LOVE to bike, but haven't since it began snowing way too much. I'm going to set up my bike for indoor riding. Can't wait!

    --Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the comparison pic. You are so transformed! Awesome.

    That totally sucks about your foot. From my bouts of Plantar Fasciitis I know what a drag that can be. Definitely do the bike or something else for a while.

    WTG on 196!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies!! Kristin and Vanessa - Dr is named WIlliam and his last name is Schell. He's at Riverside Medical Center and V - I don't think he's affiliated with NYU. So so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! You look amazing - I love before and after pics - they are so motivating!!!

    Thanks for posting them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh...you look frickin' fabulous. So sorry about the foot. Take it easy and do what he says. You can still get a great workout on the bike. Hope it is not a stressy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa mama!! You look so hot! Just beautiful, Jen. Love the blue dress too!
    Hope your foot gets better soon. Doesn't sound like much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope- I know all my docs by name and that is not one of them, I'll willing to bet he is affiliated with St Lukes or Columbia. He's a 'west sider'...
    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look marvelous.. so fresh and energized.. keep on going.. you will be at goal before you know it and take some more pics along the way..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the comparison picture!

    Hope your foot heels quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great.. Hugs about the foot. Hope it gets better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gen is right! Transformed is the right word! And I love Barbara's quote "fresh and energized." Good for you. It just feels so GOOD doesn't it!?!?

    ReplyDelete