How I'm Doing

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Quite the Challenge

Feeling incredibly stressed. Huge deliverable due tomorrow for work which I have to finish while traveling to Chicago. Lots of meetings in Chicago, which will be good but the timing could be better. None of this is the challenge, the challenge comes this weekend. I have camp...band camp. For the previous camps, we have been in the corps hall which had a fridge and a kitchen, so I'd shop at the health food store in advance and then eat from my food stash over the weekend. Well this weekend, we're in a park...all weekend. I'm staying at a hotel without a fridge. People are meant to have fast food for each meal which we all know isn't good for a bandster. This is just adding to my stress. BUT fear not my friends. I have a plan. I'll have a car, so I plan on getting one of those cheap styrofoam coolers at the store and then getting my normal food (hummus, veggies, fruit, cheese, protein bars) and just refilling the cooler with ice each morning (and afternoon if I need to). Hopefully this will work!!


Band is still tight. Got stuck on a protein bar this morning and on a burger patty tonight at dinner. BAD BAND!! I'm feeling fine, I think it's all probably stress related! I've had horrible headaches every day this week (ha...it's only Tuesday) which I also attribute to stress. I just need to take a couple of deep breaths and all will be fine!!


Hope you are all doing well. xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Your plan sounds good! We bandsters have to be creative. Hope the stress calms down a bit for you, I'm sure it's tightening that band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great plan! I hear ya on the stress! My band has been totally tight from stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can tell you are a pro with the band. You took a challenging situation and made a great plan. Sorry things are so stressful. Hopefully they smooth out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome plan - you're sure to be successful. Hope you end up having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope. Had those headaches too! Must be catching.. .but that said, hope yours (and mine) go away soon. They suck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. I hate the bad band feeling, and can relate. Good plan for the band camp. I hope you really enjoy yourself and can relax after the deliverables are done this week. Good luck and let's have lunch when I'm back in NYC after this week and when you have some free time!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your game plan. Very clever. Where there's a will there's a way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traveling with the band is hard! Having a plan is half the battle right? Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you'll do great, sounds like a well thought out plan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great game plan! You can do this!! I hope your headaches go away..and your stress also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great trip and weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh good luck and drink lots of water to help with those headaches

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great plan! When we don't have a plan is when the trouble starts...
    Good luck and take some deep breaths and r e la x!

    ReplyDelete