How I'm Doing

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hello from Paris!!

I need to blog more, I know I do. I was looking back tonight and realizing how little I've been chatting lately and I do believe it's strongly correlated to my accountability, so blogging will resume post haste!


I'm in Paris right now...it's my last night. I've had a wonderful trip but am anxious to get home to my animals, my routine and New York at Christmastime!


I've had a pretty wide open band since I got to Paris. I haven't had a stitch of bread since one month post surgery which means about a year with no bread. Until Paris. With my band open (still at the same fill level around 7.8, but haven't had a fill in about two months), I decided to try a piece of "french" bread and guess what? It went down fine!!! I am positive that I will have gained a bit since being here. My life this week has been wine, cheese, bread and french onion soup. I got my (.) Thursday and my band decided to remind me that it exists, so there has been much less eating of the bread yesterday and today, but I'm in Paris, so I've had a pastry or two, and butter has been consumed. It really is better here. And you know what? I'm okay with that. I haven't gone hog wild, I haven't binged, but I have made choices that I wouldn't make everyday living my life in New York. I know that I'll get back to the city and will go back to a no-bread existence. I like it better that way. But here in Paris, it's been great to eat what I've wanted, in slightly less moderation than usual.


A picture from Paris. The story is that my father took me on a double ferris wheel at the Arizona state fair when I was younger. When we got to the top, it stopped as they let people off, and I freaked. My dad decided to rock the car back and forth, back and forth. I freaked out! He stopped, but I hadn't been on a ferris wheel since...until Thursday night. It stopped at the top for a long time (turns out when it gets too windy, they stop it....umm...really, because we're still on the thing dammit!). Anyway, I conquered my fear, no tears were shed. There was definite freaking out, but I lived to tell the story.

15 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun - I've loved reading the FB updates and am just a tad bit (!) jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing trip! I am planning a long weekend in Paris for January, it'll be cooold, but so worth it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pic!! That's awesome :) You have a good attitude about your trip/eating...don't get anxious, you'll be back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Paris Jen. You are lucky that you were able to eat the bread there! My daughter still talks about the best bread and french onion soup she ate there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour!! Oh how I love Paris!! Have definitely missed you in the blogging world but I am so glad that you have had fun!! Bisous Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...I am so jealous! But happy for you!!!
    I'm not sure what I'm more jealous/happy for..Paris or the BREAD/BUTTER in Paris. mmmmmm
    Yay for conquering your fear and that you were able to view the city from the top of the ferris wheel! I'm sure it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you are in Paris.. how wonderful.. .. I think you are quite brave with the heights.. I am sure it was beautiful.. I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are going to have bread that infrequently, you definitely picked the right place to indulge yourself! You look so darling in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look fabulous! I love paris - have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous! You look great and enjoy the butter and bread while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. My dad did the exact same thing to me when I was younger! I absolute dread Ferris wheels now! So glad you were able to go on it (and survive) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. paris sounds like pure bliss....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely miss your posts! You look SO good, especially in your FB paris pics! No bread all year? I'm getting so tight that i can't eat it. What about other bread products like tortillas etc? Curious to hear more about what foods you can't eat or don't since you've been so successful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete