Well, today started my two week liquid diet. I was really excited to start last night but a little nervous about whether I'd starve today. Well, it went great! On my diet, I'm allowed a variety of protein shakes, but based on trying Slim Fast before, I went with that. I'm supposed to have five a day with a total calorie count of 1000 a day. I had a shake this morning for breakfast and a small cup of iced coffee (allowed) once I got to work. I had another shake for lunch and then one for a snack with a diet dr. pepper at 4pm. When I came home I had my fourth shake and then had a cup of carrots, onions and cucumbers with 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar for dinner. I just finished another shake, but this one was chocolate royale slim fast powder with one cup skim milk and 1/2 cup of ice. It was AMAZING!! I'm so full right now. I'm not sure I'll feel this great about it in a week, or even tomorrow, but one day done, 13 more to go.
On the thyroid front, I had a second opinion with another Endocrinologist today. I really liked him, but the news sucked. I do indeed need to have my thyroid removed. They are not positive that I have cancer, but they can't rule it out and as such it needs to come out. Good news is that thyroid cancer is not aggressive and as a result he thinks I should go forward with the lap band surgery on August 3rd. I'm supposed to ask my lap band surgeon when he thinks I'll be ready to have the thyroid surgery and we'll go from there. In the meantime I have a consult with the thyroid surgeon on July 29th.
I'm feeling okay about everything right now. I think that once they remove the thyroid if they find cancer, I'll feel differently but I can't do anything to change it, I can only continue to put one foot in front of the other.
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteWell, you certainly seem to be going through a lot. I really hope you get the best outcome regarding the cancer :( Im glad at least it doesn't interfere with your banding date. Look forward to your next posts :)
Cara
Good to hear the situation is improving!
ReplyDeleteMy pre-op diet is getting a bit easier. I spoke with the nutritionist for my surgeon and ran my modifications past her for my hypoglycemia and she said I was on target, so that was a relief. I needed to hear that :-)